New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Im not trying to brag or anything i am just curious.

Im wondering who else has done this this year or in the past. Last evening I pretty much completed my new brunswick hunting grand slam in one year. In 2010 I have Harvested mostly all animals available besides maybe a few species of ducks. It first started with my spring bear, the coyote, crow,canada goose ,woodcock,moose,Black duck,mallard,wood duck,cormerant, shovelor,teal green wing and blue wing,pintail,widgeon, Then partrige,Deer,Then back to ducks, eider,scooter,whistler,bufflehead,scaup,ring neck,merganzers and then last evening I shot a rabit. That i think is pretty much everything i have to date.

All i can think of besided that is maybe oldquaw duck. Can anyone else think of anything that you can legaly hunt in nb that isnt on my list,

Also maybe you guys can share with us your harvest.

Again please dont think im trying to brag but i set out to do this accomplishent at the start of 2010, and I have pretty much completed it. Technically the oldsqaws i shot last year in the late season feb 2010 could count but i plan on heading out after them this week and next so it shouldnt matter much.

Thanks Adam Jarvis

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ya i wont be gettin no ground hogs,
porcupine arent on any liscense tho are they
I do believe the fish and game act allows you to shoot a porkie as a nuisance animal, with the permission of the landowner or occupier of that land. With your scorecard though, I'd say you're already doing pretty good, lol! Good stuff!

34(5)The wildlife that may be hunted, trapped, snared, removed or relocated under section (4) consists of American crow, beaver, black rat, brown-headed cowbird, common grackle, deer mouse, double-crested cormorant, eastern chipmunk, eastern coyote, eastern flying squirrel, European starling, grey squirrel, groundhog, house mouse, house sparrow, little brown bat, long-eared bat of the species Myotis septentrionalis, long-tailed weasel, meadow jumping mouse, meadow vole, mink, muskrat, northern flying squirrel, Norway rat, porcupine, raccoon, red fox, red squirrel, red-backed vole, red-winged blackbird, rock dove, rock vole, short-tailed weasel, star-nosed mole, striped skunk, varying hare or woodland-jumping mouse.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yeah, looks like there's lots left to shoot. Get the 10 gauge out for those long eared bats!

I shot a bear this spring, then got a moose tag (and a good crew) and a doe tag. Thought for sure I'd get a "hat trick" this year but sadly missed out on the moose. Still got a deer and a bear, but now I have to wait another 15 years for a moose tag - and even if I do, there's still no guarantee of a moose, and even less of a deer.

Good thing bears are so plentiful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts