New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
too much I ordered a mossberg 930 from cabelas for $590 to my door. But before I did I went to green diamond and better buy sports to see if they could come close to match that price they both said they couldnt come close. I did notice that green diamond had the same gun but in camo for $930 I believe. So I decided to order the same gun but black synthetic and save myself $300. The same thing happened when I ordered my savage axis saved myself over $100 from ordering from cabelas instead of better buy sports. I didnt check green diamond as I didnt know of that store when I ordered my rifle. I believe the gun dealer in mcadam will match calelas prices but it's a far drive for us here in the moncton area.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The late Mr Casey, from the former Casey's gun shop in Rogersville told me many times that there was not a dealer in the province who marked up their fireams any less than 100% on sale and more at regular price. This was seconded by a fellow I work with who was in the biz at one time. Based on what I see locally, I would agree considering the exhorbitant costs for entry level fireams.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I found Better Buy Sports to be quite pricey all around, not just for firearms. I did visit their new place in Moncton but not in time fo their ''re-opening sale''. My cousin went and said he didn't find much for deals for a ''re-opening sale'' as they advertised. However, I have to say I was wuite pleased with their new store, including the 10 yard bow lane.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I found Better Buy Sports to be quite pricey all around, not just for firearms. I did visit their new place in Moncton but not in time fo their ''re-opening sale''. My cousin went and said he didn't find much for deals for a ''re-opening sale'' as they advertised. However, I have to say I was wuite pleased with their new store, including the 10 yard bow lane.
I agree they said they had ameristep tree stands on sale, I looked at the same one I got from walmart which was 163.00, and there it was around 245.00 thats not much of a sale.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't know of very many guns that you could mark up 100 % anymore .For small dealers, When you add the wholesale cost of a gun plus freight to get it to the store you are lucky to make $30 comparing to the big box stores. Some of Cabela's gun retail near what regular wholesale is, but they buy at such large volume they get better prices.Same thing on ammo more you buy better prices.
I can usually come pretty close to Cabela's prices ,especially when you add the freight to get it shipped here. Example Savage 11 Trophy Hunter XP Cabela all incl 629 and change , my price 630
...Black Axis Xp , Cabelas 415.21 my price $425 , Snow Camo 223 Cabelas 596 my price 525.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts