1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
X3

·
Registered
103 Posts
I e-mailed my local MLA and never got a response. Now I know why. Come Monday I guess it's time he gets my response to his lack of an answer and the direction of his party.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I will be following suit with all of you...how can they still be so retarded after losing so much money and accomplishing nothing? Crime most certainly has not gone down...these people are a bunch of know nothings.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I got a kick out of the guy from NS that campaigned on getting rid of the gun registry but at the end he publicly changed his mind as he said most of his constituents said they were not in favour of getting rid of the registry. Guessing he was more interested in collecting his fed pension then his integrity.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I got a kick out of the guy from NS that campaigned on getting rid of the gun registry but at the end he publicly changed his mind as he said most of his constituents said they were not in favour of getting rid of the registry. Guessing he was more interested in collecting his fed pension then his integrity.
Let me start by saying, I am completely against the registry.

However, I would rather a politician do what their constituents want rather than veer off on a personal agenda.
This guy in NS did the right thing, even tho is sucks for us.

The problem is very simple, the pro-registry people are better organized, and have a lot more media coverage than the anti-registry people. When you have police chiefs on your bench telling people that they use the tool every day and that it is needed to ensure safety. We have no rebuttal against it, that we can prove with numbers.

Take CBC for instance, I have posted many times reasons that the registry is ineffective, and those posts are moderated, while the pro-registry ones are not. How do we get our information out there to prove that it is ineffective?

• Upvote
Reactions: styk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Let me start by saying, I am completely against the registry.

However, I would rather a politician do what their constituents want rather than veer off on a personal agenda.

The problem is very simple, the pro-registry people are better organized, and have a lot more media coverage than the anti-registry people. When you have police chiefs on your bench telling people that they use the tool every day and that it is needed to ensure safety. We have no rebuttal against it, that we can prove with numbers.

Take CBC for instance, I have posted many times reasons that the registry is ineffective, and those posts are moderated, while the pro-registry ones are not. How do we get our information out there to prove that it is ineffective?
In my humble opinion if your constituants are telling you to get rid of somthing and then you vote party because you were told to ........... wrong answer. they were put in by the people to represent the people NOT the party they associate with.

My 2 Cents now good by to this issue from me.

Too scared I may say somthing I regret. LOL

·
Registered
565 Posts
part of the problem is that people who are not particularly well informed still associate the long gun registry with all the things the licensing and PAL system is in place for. I don't know how many conversations I have had with people who oppose the registry because they think, all guns should be locked up, people shouldn't just be able to go to a store and buy a gun, there should be a screening program, there needs to be testing, sale of ammunition needs to be controlled. etc... None of which has anything to do with the registry but it all gets lumped into the Save the Registry campaign notes. Listen to any call in radio program on the topic and I just want to scream into the radio to the caller that they don't know what they are talking about. In my mind thats the biggest challenge with have, seperating the licensing (good) from the registry (bad).

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
seperating the licensing (good) from the registry (bad).
I agree, i have no issue with the PAL, but the registry section is a Joke IMO.

All of the testing/screening is for the PAL, not the registry, so go figure!!

For the police checks, pretty safe to assume if you jumped though all the hoops to get your PAL, then you most likely have a firearm!.

Ah well back to sqaure 1

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree, i have no issue with the PAL, but the registry section is a Joke IMO.

All of the testing/screening is for the PAL, not the registry, so go figure!!

For the police checks, pretty safe to assume if you jumped though all the hoops to get your PAL, then you most likely have a firearm!.

Ah well back to sqaure 1
For the liberals its all about control. They belong in a communist country. or aleast far from canada.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I respectfully disagree sir, this politician ran with on a platform that included a stand against continuing the long gun registry. He got the largest share of the vote in his riding. Now I'm not so naive to think a politician would always honor his campaign promises but taking such a risky stand while campaigning and still get elected, he should have honored the constituents that voted him in and stuck to his guns!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I respectfully disagree sir, this politician ran with on a platform that included a stand against continuing the long gun registry. He got the largest share of the vote in his riding. Now I'm not so naive to think a politician would always honor his campaign promises but taking such a risky stand while campaigning and still get elected, he should have honored the constituents that voted him in and stuck to his guns!
Was not aware of that, so I stand corrected.

It will take a year, but if the CPC get in, then we will shed ourselves of this ridiculous waste of money.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts