New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only seen the news articles that have very few details. It says he was shot with a shotgun. I'm assuming that this is a reporter error. Seems unlikely that someone would be killed with a shotgun while woodcock hunting. Any more details out there?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd say it was a moose hunting accident. By the sounds of it there were two rifles in the same group, a primary license and a secondary. The two groups were close so one fella may have been mistaken for a moose. I'd say the report of a shotgun was a typo, unless someone was hunting moose with slugs. Who knows though, just what it sounds like to me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use to work with the guy that did the shooting.Its hard to believe that this happened.He was a long time hunter and hunts hard every.The story that I herd from a good friend is that him and his brother had got their moose the first morning and was helping these other husband and wife get their moose.They had one coming in but it would not come out,so the husband circled around behind to drive it out.The wife was waiting with the other man and kept saying she could here it and pointed to some branches moving.Just when it was to walk out he fired.It just was not the moose.I told my boy about this and told them to NEVER shoot until you are shore of what you are shooting at.I hope some other people can learn from someones mistake.Its the hard way to learn but their is always some good that can come out of something like this.

·
Registered
925 Posts
#1 rule is to always identify your target. What a shame.

·
Registered
495 Posts
To a lot of people (including reporters), a gun, shotgun, rifle they're all the same!!!!
They are all a firearm, but they are not the same. Caliber, range, and usage vary greatly. No need to feed the media misinformation.

Since this forum is frequented by the Google-Bot and Yahoo-Bot, (topics can be searched in the respective search engines) it would be good not to agree with media when they are inaccurate in their reporting.

---
PS. Muzzyman, I don't think your an anti, and this is not a personal attack on you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have only seen the news articles that have very few details. It says he was shot with a shotgun. I'm assuming that this is a reporter error. Seems unlikely that someone would be killed with a shotgun while woodcock hunting. Any more details out there?
No he was shot during moose season....on Saturday....
doubt if it was a shotgun

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use to work with the guy that did the shooting.Its hard to believe that this happened.He was a long time hunter and hunts hard every.The story that I herd from a good friend is that him and his brother had got their moose the first morning and was helping these other husband and wife get their moose.They had one coming in but it would not come out,so the husband circled around behind to drive it out.The wife was waiting with the other man and kept saying she could here it and pointed to some branches moving.Just when it was to walk out he fired.It just was not the moose.I told my boy about this and told them to NEVER shoot until you are shore of what you are shooting at.I hope some other people can learn from someones mistake.Its the hard way to learn but their is always some good that can come out of something like this.
What you have written here 'for your details'..is not one word of actual fact. We were TOGETHER, my husband and I. There was NO MOOSE....and you have no clue whatsoever. Why do people feel they have to embellish or make up stories to sensationalize such a horrible tragedy.

·
Banned
223 Posts
I hope that in time events like this can be used to educate others to help try and prevent future tragedies. I am sorry to hear of your loss Sherri.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts