New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I recently got married in july of this year, and the wife and I decided we would go to Cuba last year as a pre honeymoon.Well we are hooked and last week we booked another trip to the dominican republic. I have got to say these last two trips would have had a nice down payment on an atv, as i am in need of one because i am tearing the crap out of my car in the woods. So is the saying true? Happy wife= Happy life?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Well I recently got married in july of this year, and the wife and I decided we would go to Cuba last year as a pre honeymoon.Well we are hooked and last week we booked another trip to the dominican republic. I have got to say these last two trips would have had a nice down payment on an atv, as i am in need of one because i am tearing the crap out of my car in the woods. So is the saying true? Happy wife= Happy life?
I say ya should of ditched the wife and bought the ATV!!
Ya could always go down to Cowboys and find another!!

Hawoooooooooooooooooo Ca'mon

·
Registered
925 Posts
I could take my wife around the world once a month and as soon as hunting season came she still would be one unhappy lady.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I could take my wife around the world once a month and as soon as hunting season came she still would be one unhappy lady.
My God, I have never read a truer statement!

No matter what is done or where we go, come the magical time of November, I am not thought of in high regards
We will be going on 12 years of marriage and my dog house is pretty darn comfy! Would I ever change? Not in this life time!!
I have eleven months to make up but one month of deer hunting is worth it!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Well I have to say that's one great thing about my better half.
She gets just as excited as i do when hunting season is approaching.
But....not so excited when I mention I want a new.....bow...or arrows....or target...or.....

but....it's all good!
....Hang in there dude!

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
I say ya should of ditched the wife and bought the ATV!!
LOL -

21 years = shes used it by NOW - LOL

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Silly Wabbit, don't you know you were supposed to buy all your toys BEFORE you buy the ring

I told my wife before we got married that she can ask me to do or go anywhere she wants winter, spring and summer but not in the fall, so far she has been great! 16 years and counting

Statement is true, so is the one that says. "If Momma ain't happy, then no one is happy"

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
Some people have air miles on their credit card, I have a ''virtual air loose'' account.

Every time I complete a task on the honeydo list, I earn a thousand points.

Every time I do something hunting or fishing or trapping related, I spend 2 thousand points.

My account as it stands is in the red at negative 237,000 points ...

·
Registered
531 Posts
These are just too funny!

Guess I should feel lucky that my husband gets excited for hunting season to start, knowing I'm gonna go missing for a month?!?

I gotta admit that it's true though....Happy wife = Happy life.
It's not often that I get mad/upset...but when I do, watch out! haha

·
Registered
404 Posts
Didn't you learn ; or have anyone tell you or your that your wedding day is the brides day . That it is all about her and that she could have it anyway she wanted cause after today IT WILL BE MY WAY!......... Ya my wife dosen't think it is funny when I say it to her either. The best way I find is I always try to bring her and she knows she is always welcome to come along .Then it is not my fault if she chooses not to .

·
Registered
314 Posts
My wife has been hunting with me since we met,but she has kinda of lost a little interest last few years,but still knows the fall is my time and she is pretty good with it,as long as my pre-winter chores are done.You do have to keep them happy or they will make life a little un-pleasant sort to speak.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Guess, I must have got lucky. My wife actually likes it when hunting season rolls around. She's quite happy to be rid of me for at least a month. She doesn't seem to mind when I spend money for hunting gear either, she gets the same amount to waste on whatever makes her happy. Plus she does enjoy the meat. She's got close to 30 seasons under her belt, and ,with a little luck, quite a few more.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
OK now, Lets stopping kidding around with Duck Commander...

No such thing as a Happy wife - its over, better get used to it... LOL --

·
Registered
627 Posts
She was standing right behind me. If anyone actually knows how to keep your wife happy, it's probably worth a lot of money. I've spent a fortune on keeping her unhappy.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
You have to get her pi$$ed off from mid August. Then when hunting season rolls around she will be happy to see you go to hunting camp. When the season is over wine and dine her till next August. Works for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts