New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had my dog get hit by a truck back in august so i baried him in the back yard stared noticeing somthing digging at it in the snow back in december but then the second part is about mile away back in the woods put bait out nothing touched it walked by around it but did not touch it but notice since last storm realy diging up the dog in back yard lots of tracks so set snare caught fox this morning but there is coyote tracks to funny they wont go near the bait

·
Registered
495 Posts
Not sure how deep you put your best friend, but I would dig down a bit, and dump in some lime. It should kill the smell that animals can detect.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have had this happen before never heard of putting lime on it but be a good idea. And a coyote wont touch your bait for awhile he is smarter than most people think. Give it awhile and he will soon be eating your bait.

·
Registered
12 Posts
we have a cow that died on pasture last fall,where she died could not get to her with tractor to remove/bury.there ore no coyote tracks/sign any where around it.but 400 yards away on the farm next door they have a place where they have been dumping dead stock for years and the place is crawling with yote sign.got permission today to hunt over their dead stock pile,going in at first light tommorrow.hope to get a few yotes.just goes to show that an existing food source they will come to but something new they tend to shy away from.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Knock em down deadeyes!

·
Registered
49 Posts
had my dog get hit by a truck back in august so i baried him in the back yard stared noticeing somthing digging at it in the snow back in december but then the second part is about mile away back in the woods put bait out nothing touched it walked by around it but did not touch it but notice since last storm realy diging up the dog in back yard lots of tracks so set snare caught fox this morning but there is coyote tracks to funny they wont go near the bait
The lime will cure it ,do you by any chance have wire or rope on your bait ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts