New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the rabbits started to turn white yet? I can't remember if it's in November or December. We're supposed to start having a lot of snow before the end of November, so if that's the case I guess we won't get to shoot javex jugs on the ground this year. I always like to go out for a day and get a limit of hares, which translates into my year's supply of rabbit meat for the Christmas hollidays.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Saw one on Sunday just starting to turn.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I saw one tonight that has definitely started, white feet and head. As far as November or December, it really depends on the weather and the amount of food in the woods from what I've read. Some years if there's snow on the ground in the first week of Deer Season, I've seen all white rabbits by now.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Seen a weasel white as snow last week.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Don't know about you guys but im pumped for when deer is all done and can concentrate on getting some bunny stew

·
Registered
115 Posts
yea Im looking forward to trying for rabbits for the first time also. hopefully I will see more rabbits then deer I been seeing. I never thought hunting would be so hard, I have only shot 1 rabbit to date while out partridge hunting last year. I have only started hunting last year and I cant get enough of it. Even though I don't see much game its still a hell of a good time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My brother in law shot one Saturday and it was all white. We also had a weasel making nightly visits to the camp porch, where we had a few grouse hanging, and he was all white as well - winter is coming!

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i have seen 2 and both all white
I saw another rabbit last night that was only about half-white. Definitely white enough to stick out plainly against the brown leaves, but not fully white still. This was in the Cole's Island area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts