New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Anybody hear anything about 3 people getting caught, red-handed, with a light and a large buck last week in the Prince William area???? One of the guys at work told a story about it this morning and believes it to be true. Stay tuned, if it's true we need to celebrate...... I did type if.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I hope you're right, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if 3 people were actually caught jacking we'd have read about it in the newspaper, probably front page for the evil "hunters".

·
Registered
489 Posts
If it is true, I hope they pin their a$$ to the wall for such a selfish act.....gosh darn poachers!!!! Hunt within the rules or go buy beef/pork!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I heard at work rcmp and wardens went to camp at 2am found nothing.But also heard one of mens daughters taged big buck.anothers grandson shoot big buck on sunday after season ,he is baned from owning or possesing gun for five years and they were watching him not watching close enough i guess.
Report him

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A bit of an update to the rumour... It wasn't the guy's grandson but his son who has been banned from firearms. The reason was he shot half his arm off while carrying a loaded shotgun on an ATV. Of course that was after he threw the same loaded shotgun into his father's pickup and blew out the back window. This is the same son that was complaining last night that he was having a great season until they got caught jacking. He also said that there were three of them charged. As for the newspaper you won't see that until they appear in court. Innocent until proven guilty is actually how it's supposed to work. Hopefully, the charges will stick and after 35 years of trying they finally get him. If that happens he can thank his kids and FACEBOOK...LOL.... Finally something good from Facebook.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
As for the newspaper you won't see that until they appear in court. Innocent until proven guilty is actually how it's supposed to work.
I hope you're right an they do get them this time, lock 'em up! The papers usually run a report without names when it comes to people getting caught doing this sort of thing, regardless of guilt. Look at the guy that got shot going into his camp or the guy that shot his neighbour's dog, etc, etc. Especially when charges have been laid, it's very common to see a write-up in the paper before court.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I hope it's the guy I've been hearing about for the last few years from over that way.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm quite sure it's who you wish it to be , nbbucks. He's probably one of the most infamous poachers in southern N.B., so rumour has it. Chances are you're bang on.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A further update. According to Nackawic DNR, three people have been charged for hunting at night after a 3 night investigation using night vision. According to DNR it's a sure thing and they have all the bases covered. We'll see as he has gotten away numerous times. However, there was a familiar face missing from Banty's Hunter's Ball at the end of the season and the talk there was he's caught.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The case has been delayed, again. Not going to court until Dec. Gets to poach for another deer season.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts