New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
I know, I followed the quest for heavy duty through the pages of Big Buck, and the unfortunate saga that ensued.

If you're a fan of this magazine, you should take special consideration for one of New-Brunswick Hunting's own; BuckNut, who is featured with a tremendous buck he downed in 2009, the quest for a legend; 12.5yr old NB Bruiser.

Congratulations Scott for a great story, a great buck, and an unbelievable journey with this animal. I was sure Gary Donald would consider your story, has it deserved the credit it was due.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Thanks very much guys! That's very kind.

Yes! Go out and get the fall issue. It's a very well written story and covers just about everything. One error though. On the first page photo heading it states November 22, 2010 and should have been the 18th. The story however has the correct date. November 22nd was Sunday after deer season.
It's on stands now. I was sent 15 copies by Gary Donald to hand out to hunting friends and family. The guy that wrote the story writes 2 stories every issue with 3 this issue. He lives in Saskatchewan and is very good friends with Cody Robins, Kelsy Claypool (hot!)
and Gary Donald. He heard about my buck and contacted me. He is a very accomplished hunter and was on Live 2 Hunt this past July with his giant mule deer hunt. It will be aired again soon on Wild TV.

As for my buck - well I went back to my stand just over a week ago after not being there since June. I just had to stop and think it over again. Unbeleivable I was able to get the buck I was after for so long. Very nice trail and I put out some apples nearby to get some photos and hopefully draw in a big buck. I don't think there is anything in the area worth shooting this year. I sure hope so but my cameras haven't gotten much. I have 4 out in the area.

Yes the big old buck was 12 1/2 years old. Data from DNR sent in to Montana came back as the oldest deer for New Brunswick for 2009. Rod Cumberland confirmed this on the weekend at the Antler Show in Moncton.

I posted the teeth photos in a previous post.

The writer of my story Jeff Schlachter would be willing to add more Maritime buck stories. If you have a great buck with good photos then send me a message. You might be in the next issue!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts