New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Humbug! That's just one of my ex-wives who come out to my stand to look for me.

Seriously, that's an ingenious marketing campaign for a new horror film coming out called Super 8.
They put that out on the 'net as a trail cam image and of course it took off like wildfire. Man, you can't buy free publicity like that!

I have a pic from my own trail cam that no one can identify the creature in it.
It's pretty cool, really! I'll see if I can dig it up. I have no idea what the thing is in the photo.
I call it ManBearPig:
Half man.
Half bear.
Half pig.

Let me see if I can find it and post it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I call it ManBearPig:
Half man.
Half bear.
Half pig.

Let me see if I can find it and post it.
[/quote]
Can't wait to see that one.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ok, I guess I don't have it in digital form.
So to find it, I'm going to have to weed through a zillion photos. This'll take some time but I'll try to dig it up and scan it.
It's a really weird photo. I dunno what kind of beast is in the shot and I doubt anyone else will, either.
With the storm raging outside, I got time to look for it tonight but this could take five minutes or it could take five weeks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well, after hours of searching, I found the pics!
In the first photo, you will see three raindrops on the lens.
Look under the raindrop that is the farthest to your left, you will see a brown object that looks like a coyote sitting down. CLICK THE PHOTO TO ENLARGE IT.
No biggie, right?

Now, this is a film camera, remember.
As it snaps the photo and the camera advances the film the ManBearPig turns to look at what the noise is.

You tell me. I can't figure it out.

I tells ya, half man, half bear, half pig!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ok, the "man-bear-pig" joke seems to have convinced most posters that I'm dicking them around.
I'm not.
This photo is unretouched. It was scanned in as you see it from a hard copy of a photo that my camera took.
Sure, it's probably an effect of the light and the fog and the rain and whatever.
I dunno, I'm just looking for opinions.
This photo was taken two or three years ago and I never shared it until yesterday because I reckoned most folks would say I was trying to put one over on them.
I'm not.
I have no idea what's going on in that pic.
AGAIN,CLICK ON THE PICTURE FOR A CLOSER LOOK.
I have the hard copies of the photos if anyone thinks I'm playing a joke. You can see them any time.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I stared at it for about 10 minutes and ...... well nothing, Like in the mall when everyone stares at the poster and some kid drops by and says " Sailboat" -- and walks away.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have looked at these pics a dozen times.
Not sure what my opinion is....kinda looks like a scruffy dog face, but the face doesn't seem to fit the body.

I'm undecided... lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've shown it to some people who just shrug, and to some who scream out loud "HOLY ****!!!"
I'm undecided myself.
It's not a stump though. After I got the film developed, I returned and checked the spot and there's no stump there.
Kinda looks like a dog or cat looking over its left shoulder to me, but man, what a face! Only a mother could love that face.
Half man.
Half bear.
Half pig.
ManBearPig!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I really do not see a body. The brown area looks like those brown areas under the other two black spots - the effect of rain drops maybe, or shadow of drops on the lens.

Something must have triggered the picture. The only thing I can imagine is a barred owl or something like that sitting in the weeds turning to look at the flash.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I don't have any idea, but it does almost look like it's got the "ears" of a great horned owl in the second picture? Too bad you didn't get a picture of a 5 foot wide wingspan, that would have cleared it up

It's amazing how far cameras have come in just a few years eh? On that note... clearly a cougar, and we've finally got photographic evidence!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I think it is just the way the rain landed on the lens. What may have triggered the photo is what almost looks like ears along the bottom of the photo. Compare it to your other pics from that area and see if those "ears" are still there. And that picture from the link is scary as hell, the kind of thing that freaks you out when you're alone in the woods!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts