New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
http://www.hevishot....&category_id=87

I see for my rem 870 super mag they offer up 2 3 1/2 inch shells.What choke and what size pellets are legal here????
comes in 4 BUCK
SIZE T
SIZE 4
00 BUCK
Allot of sights say pick size T not sure why.Picking some up but wanted to know if all are legal here or only certain ones and what would be best choke for it..It's dang expensive though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
After deer season (Nov. 17, 2012) or after you have harvested your buck you have to use under .23 caliber rifles or shotguns with size bb or less lead or size T or less steel

They also make a choke tube thats called "dead coyote" by the same brand. Im also looking to buy this combination of ammo and choke tube. Its hard to find around fredericton and it is expensive

·
Registered
456 Posts
I bought a box from the gundealer, only place i could find it, they are 3inch 1.5oz size T which is biggest aloud in NB i think i paid around 40$ for 10....ridiculous but how many are you really going to use...i patterned a couple to try them out and found them best out of Mod or Ic choke, at 50 yrds with a win 1300 and mod choke I still had 45 out of 75 pellets hit a 30In circle which is pretty darn impressive..and they went clean through a piece of 1inch laminated press board...should def kill a coyote at that range maybe a bit further...wouldnt bother with the choke tube in my opinion

·
Registered
909 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Go get a normal full choke tube for that rem.,
and fire them old Imperial BB(lead) i gave ya... all ya will need for yotes out to 40, maybe 50 yds..
Trust me.. and Dont fall for the all that marketing hype.!!!

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts