New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, After years and years of sitting on it and pushing it off i finaly got my Pal/Hunter ed course... I have been hunting before when i was younger and always wanted to start hunting, but i never got around too it. But since moving to N.B. and having kids i havent had the time. I never really thought about hunting coyotes before until I ordered wild tv on rogers and starting watching foxpro lol. Looks like its alot of fun, getting really excited waiting. Going to start in march, I would like to start earlier but i have to wait until march now right? Well just wanted to say hi and i hope i see some of you guys out there somewhere. (BTW i live in Waasis)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasnt deer hunting just got my courses done a little over a week ago. But im going to double check my 2012 book and see because if i can start sooner the better. Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
no your wrong if someone buys a varmite lic now it's good till feb 28 if they buy one on march 1 it's good till the following feb!!!
Sorry, you made a mistake there. The varmint license is only valid from March 1st until the day before moose hunting. There is no way the DNR will permit centerfire rifles in the woods during moose season without a moose tag.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I double checked and ya the small game license goes till end of feb, which is sweet... Now all i gotta do is wait for my pal to get here... Who knows how long thats going to take.
thanks for all the info everyone.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I believe it is 6-8 weeks...I remember waiting for mine and it didnt come what liked seemed forever. I called the RCMP and they told me the status of it and when it should arrive, it came 2 days later haha

oh and as for coyote hunting, it is now one of my favorite things to do. But the guys on TV make it look sooooooo easy. Be prepared to go out 10 times and only see 1.. But hey...u might get lucky!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya they definatly make it look easy lol. On the other hand i dont expect it to be easy. I just cant wait to get out and start. Im sure luck will have alot to do with it if i get one my first few times out... I have been doing alot of researching on yote hunting, so we will see how it plays out. I will post a pic of my very first coyote though.

·
utopiahunter
1,446 Posts
tacshooter your in for some fun dog hunting is a blast..I remember my first yote just like it was yesterday..I bought a bear blaster call at the local store..drove down to where i new there were a bunch of deer in the area set up with the wind in my face started honkin on the call .two minutes later a big male came charging out the woods on the oppisite side of the clearing i was on..bang flop when i walked up on him I kept pokin him to make shure he wasn't going to get me lol...I was hooked then spent the next year tryin to get anouther one ..man I wish it wasn't sunday lol very exciting hunt when they respond..this is my first called yote..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nice looking yote, Been doing a bit of scouting lately around my area with my 2 year old son. He loves walking in the woods, so it works out great he gets to come in the woods and i get to look for yote tracks. Havent seen any yet, alot of deer though. Although i may have seen some coyote tracks but because of the weather i couldnt tell if they were yote tracks or a deer. Seen some pretty big deer tracks back there though. Bigger than most tracks ive seen around here. Cant really keep a eye out for anything because my son isnt exactly quiet lol. He yells and runs, makes a whole boat load of racket. But its fine because he has fun.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seems to be a trend that everyones first coyote was on one of the coldest days of the year lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts