New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Many Deer Have You Shot With Your Bow?
None215.38%
Less than 3323.08%
3-6323.08%
6-12215.38%
More than a dozen323.08%

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Being only a one deer province, unless you go to GM or "away" it is hard to get a lot of shooting on big game here in NB to feel totally confident when the moment of opportunity presents itself. Just curious how many have harvested deer with a bow.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Ive got 3 deer and a bear, lot of rabbits and a few partrige, Im gonna get a damn coyote this year with the bow lol thats the plan anyways. Ive bow hunted 3 years so far and no longer own a big game rifle i have a 22-250 and some shotguns, but I dont plan on shooting a deer with a rifle ever again. Moose hunting will be done wiht a bow and second liscence will have a gin beside me if i ever get a liscense. Planning on going to nfld next year and will only be takin the bow, been there before and shot one with a gun but now i wanna get the bow down there.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have taken 7 bucks with archery gear (don't shoot does) My first bow kill was a real monster 226Lbs. Plus 3 (2 1/2 year old) bucks, and 3 yearlings. I started hunting with the bow way back around 1993 or so...so that makes it about 18 seasons of bowhunting. I didn't shoot my first deer with the bow until the 1998 season.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Ya I should state mine where all bucks as well 1 yearling on 2.5-3.5 year old and the one i got this year, 5 plus years not sure yet. I dont shoot does either, altough i wish i could get an extra doe to for the amount of does in certain areas i hunt.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Shot 6 over the last21 years, including the one I lost in the 2009 season. I didn't bow hunt during the 2003-2008 seasons.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have shot around 15 deer with my old BEAR WHITETAIL 2,biggest was a nice 16"spread heavy racked 8,165lbs.Lost a 3 pointer in heavy rain ,found it next day after the ravens did.Have yet to shoot one with my Alpha Max.could have filled my doe tag but she had 2 young nursing,just not into that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts