New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new show coming out that looks good but the name is driving me to drink. Its called hunting the hunters. Its about rangers going out and busting poachers. Why they insist on linking hunters and poachers together is beyond me. Poachers are not hunters.. Criminals, theives, douchebags maybe but not hunters.

·
Registered
323 Posts
There is a new show coming out that looks good but the name is driving me to drink. Its called hunting the hunters. Its about rangers going out and busting poachers. Why they insist on linking hunters and poachers together is beyond me. Poachers are not hunters.. Criminals, theives, douchebags maybe but not hunters.
I so totally agree with you! That burns my arse to a cinder! These people are so far from being an ethical hunter that it's not funny. CBC posted a story about the recent bust and labelled it " Moose hunters,facing heavy fines, jail." God, to the general public, we are all painted with the same brush as this group!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I saw this advertisement again tonight, and I even thought about posting this same discussion. It is terrible that they would link us legal hunters to those mass killing, thieving, poachers! Well, I'm still going to watch the show, but I hope they make it clear about the differences between hunters and poachers!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I emailed CBC about that headline and let 'em have it with both barrels, but they never changed it. I wonder if someone smacked them with a golf club, if their headline would refer to golfers? Posted the same msg on their message board too, which at least seemed to educate a few members of the general public who don't know any better. (I post under the name L'homard on there because Lobsterman was already taken.)
But then, I have never seen them ever correct one of their errors. We all make mistakes. Real journalists own up to theirs.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I tried searching this...to share it on the NS site.
Can someone link me to it as I cannot find anything on it except this thread...lol
If enough HUNTERS complained it may be possible to get it changed or a disclaimer or something added.
IF there is time.

Lobsterman can you link the msg board?

·
Registered
100 Posts
How did you find out about the TV show? Can you send us a link?

·
Registered
220 Posts
How did you find out about the TV show? Can you send us a link?
I guess I made a mistake on the name. It is called wild justice on the national geograpic channel. On its advertisement for the show it shows game wardens busting poachers and says hunting the hunters leading me to think that was the name. At the end of the ad they then show Wild Justice. As the ad is, it links hunters as being poachers.

It does look like a good show though. I will watch it.
http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/wild-justice/4952/Overview

·
Registered
614 Posts
I did a li't poking around and the guy who wrote the headline is notorious for failing to own up to errors.
He used to work for a newspaper and once wrote a story on salmon fishing.
"There's nothing better for thousands of New Brunswickers than waking up at the crack of dawn and heading down to the river to jig some salmon," he wrote.
Not much an outdoorsman, ya might say. LOL!

·
Banned
223 Posts
I did a li't poking around and the guy who wrote the headline is notorious for failing to own up to errors.
He used to work for a newspaper and once wrote a story on salmon fishing.
"There's nothing better for thousands of New Brunswickers than waking up at the crack of dawn and heading down to the river to jig some salmon," he wrote.
Not much an outdoorsman, ya might say. LOL!
I have sent a couple of emails in regards to errors in CBC articles. So has a couple of guys here at the office. You basically never hear a response from them, or if you manage to get a response it is 2 weeks after the fact.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I watched the show and was impressed. They DID make it clear about the difference, maybe they could have done better but it was good enough, and it even mentioned that the game wardens who busted the poachers were often hunters. They noted a few times about "being a true hunter" or something like that. It was a really good show, almost like cops at a couple of points during the show

1 - 14 of 14 Posts