New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I haven't felt a great desire to change my set-up in the last few years which must be a sure sign of old age. I do get excited when everyone is talking about new bows, arrows, rest, etc. but when I look at what I have and the new stuff I quickly loose any excitment I had. Was excited waiting for bowtechs new flagship but was quite disappointed when it was finally unveiled. The closest I came to upgrading my bow was on Bowtechs D340 but that had some issues which were fixed in 2011 but it is still not as quiet as my Guardian and it wasn't quite what I wanted.
I do like a few of the new or newer products. The spot hogg hunter site with the new wrap and the new pins just released at the 2011 ATA Show. I also like the Tight Spot quiver but then I look at what I'm using and I don't really feel the need to change it. All I can figure is that old age is catching up to me and I'm just getting comfortable

Then again maybe the Guadian is the best hunting bow ever made, no one has made a better drop away than Trophy Taker, Muzzy is still the best head, no carbon arrow flys better than ACC's, the Bowtech/Diamond quiver holds arrows as tight as anything out there and my G5 is just the sight I need for hunting in different situations. Yup guess that's it, it's not old age afterall, whew

Tongue firmly planted in cheek

I wonder if there is stages of a bow shooter similiar to stages of a deer hunter.

stage 1. Any bow will do.
Stage 2. A better bow
stage 3. A faster bow
Stage 4. The fastest bow
stage 5. The newest/best bow
stage 6. A comfortable, easy shooting, light draw, quiet bow
stage 7. ?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Lol everyone thinks there own stuff is the best dont they. I think we should say my favourite not the best lol. Lots of people would tell ya they hated the guardian, me being one of them, and lots of people will tell ya they hated the pses, you being one of them, I just hate for a newbie to come on and look and see that the guardian was the best bow or the xforce is then best bow, and just get one of those and not actually find out what the `best` actually was. Im sure Even Bowtech the company wouldnt even say that the guardian is the best bow, then they would be shooting themselfs in the ass.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Being happy with what ya got, isn't really a bad thing!
After reading your post, I'm still not certain if age doesn't have something to do with it, though!

Definitely got a good chuckle over the 7 stages of a bow shooter.
And to think that I'm about to join this addiction!!
Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol everyone thinks there own stuff is the best dont they. I think we should say my favourite not the best lol. Lots of people would tell ya they hated the guardian, me being one of them, and lots of people will tell ya they hated the pses, you being one of them, I just hate for a newbie to come on and look and see that the guardian was the best bow or the xforce is then best bow, and just get one of those and not actually find out what the `best` actually was. Im sure Even Bowtech the company wouldnt even say that the guardian is the best bow, then they would be shooting themselfs in the ass.
LOL, You're the ONLY person I ever heard that didn't like the Guardian. Bowtech wouldn't say it was the best hunting bow ever cause that wouldn't sell new bows but they probably think it

Dig..dig...

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Im not the only one i heard who didnt like the guardian Lots of guys on AT didnt like it, I just couldnt get use to the feel of the bow in my hand. I guess its not so much i dont like it Its more the fact that i deffinalty dont think its the best bow ever. Darton 3800 is better,pse evo is better, hoyt carbon element is better, my axe is better, the d350 and 340 is better, i actually like the bear truth2 better, and im positive the new invasion is better, Maybe not to you, but to me it is, All I know is theres no way to know what bow is the best, If you think there is well your wrong lol. I know my bows not the best but it was the best one for me

·
Registered
50 Posts
The best bow out there is the bow that you can afford and shoot well.
It does not matter who made it, how much it cost or how fast it is. As long as it is comfortable in your hand and you shoot it well.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Im not the only one i heard who didnt like the guardian Lots of guys on AT didnt like it, I just couldnt get use to the feel of the bow in my hand. I guess its not so much i dont like it Its more the fact that i deffinalty dont think its the best bow ever. Darton 3800 is better,pse evo is better, hoyt carbon element is better, my axe is better, the d350 and 340 is better, i actually like the bear truth2 better, and im positive the new invasion is better, Maybe not to you, but to me it is, All I know is theres no way to know what bow is the best, If you think there is well your wrong lol. I know my bows not the best but it was the best one for me
Surely you jest, better in what areas, speed maybe

LOL, I'm just playing with you NBDH. While I place a high value on a quiet bow as being the "best" and the Guardian is that, everyone has different things that they look for. The best for anyone else is what makes them happy.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Thats not even something I look for lol 99 percent of todays bows are quiet enough for my liking, I wouldnt buy a bow because it was 3dbs quieter, not even if it was more, The human ear cant detect the change in sound unless there is a change of more then 3 dbs anyways. I look for alot more in a bow then it just being quiet. Alot more.

Thats why i said all areas in my book

·
Registered
163 Posts
I haven't felt a great desire to change my set-up in the last few years which must be a sure sign of old age. I do get excited when everyone is talking about new bows, arrows, rest, etc. but when I look at what I have and the new stuff I quickly loose any excitment I had. Was excited waiting for bowtechs new flagship but was quite disappointed when it was finally unveiled. The closest I came to upgrading my bow was on Bowtechs D340 but that had some issues which were fixed in 2011 but it is still not as quiet as my Guardian and it wasn't quite what I wanted.
I do like a few of the new or newer products. The spot hogg hunter site with the new wrap and the new pins just released at the 2011 ATA Show. I also like the Tight Spot quiver but then I look at what I'm using and I don't really feel the need to change it. All I can figure is that old age is catching up to me and I'm just getting comfortable

Then again maybe the Guadian is the best hunting bow ever made, no one has made a better drop away than Trophy Taker, Muzzy is still the best head, no carbon arrow flys better than ACC's, the Bowtech/Diamond quiver holds arrows as tight as anything out there and my G5 is just the sight I need for hunting in different situations. Yup guess that's it, it's not old age afterall, whew

Tongue firmly planted in cheek

I wonder if there is stages of a bow shooter similiar to stages of a deer hunter.

stage 1. Any bow will do.
Stage 2. A better bow
stage 3. A faster bow
Stage 4. The fastest bow
stage 5. The newest/best bow
stage 6. A comfortable, easy shooting, light draw, quiet bow
stage 7. ?
WOW,I think you nailed it,for me anyway.I'm between 4 and 5 but I'm trying to convince myself to skip to 6.I just can't seem to figure out what that is.I have my eye on the Bear assault and can't seem to get it off my mind,any oppinions on it.The numbers look good to me,just like to try before I buy this time.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Well BT, I think I am at stage 3 on your scale. Awful partial to those bowtech bows. Tribute, Allegiance and YES the Guardian. Am I biased? Absolutely! Oh and by the way! Anyone can talk up their own crap as long as they get the job done whatever their measure of job is. A guy I know sold me his Guardian and used the money for a Destroyer. He wanted to buy it back with a little on top. I had fallen in love with the bow by then (cue cheesey music here). Nice guy, but I didn't cave.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts