New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone told you they would buy you any bow you want, which bow would you choose? I think I would choose either the Hoyt Carbon Element, the Bowtech Invasion, or the Athens Afflixtion. When it really came down to it though I think I would pick the Hoyt Carbon Element in Black out. I think its a really cool looking bow, has nice specs, and sounds like it shoots well.

What bow would YOU pick if someone said they would buy you ANY bow you wanted?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Really I'd pick the Bowtech Guardian. If there was a better one I'd be shooting it

Come on NBDH where are you

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am buying the Hoyt Carbon Matrix already... So if the tooth fairy wanted to pay that off, I would be much obliged.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Maybe the Elite Pure,I'd have to try it though.This time last year I would have said the Dream Season but I guess it wasn't for me.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Meh I shot the darton, wasnt for me, Remember x force baby, Bows are a personal thing, just cuz someone told ya its great doesnt mean it is, for you.

It being the number one bow was someones opinion not a fact, Lots of people didnt even include it in there top 10.
X2

That guy from the Bow store in NS was down to the ATA and thinks they are right at the top but you must remember he has two pro shooters shooting them which means $$ in his pocket to get people to buy them, no wonder they placed first in his opinion.

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
What are the reviews on the APA archery bows?

Canadian made, fast bow.

I certainly would like to know your opinion on them.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Well I tell it definetly would NOT be a pse axe 6 like mine nothing but major problems last 6 weeks with bow on way back to pse now cause local shop has no idea what is wrong with it.friggin night mare should have gone to bow tech or mathews or hoyt or apa or athens or anything else.
I took my bow to local shop to paper tune because I could not get broadheads to tune at all.On paper the tear was point high and right,badly.After 2 hrs shop had added so much upper cam lean to get perfect hole in paper the upper cam was at an inch lean.Picked it up for shooting last night and experienced shooters tell me that bow is just waiting to jump string.If they added that much lean to cam something is wrong with that bow ,send it back to pse.Cause your shop does not have a clue if they gave it to you like that.Tillers exact same,draw lengh's same (top and bottom cam) time supposably right.3 different rest same problem.any ideas.????? I am about to get rid of it and go back to rifle hunting.I will say 1 good thing about local shop at least they are trying to figure out prblem.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
Limbsaver proton - never shot one, but i like their bows ...

·
Banned
159 Posts
Well I tell it definetly would NOT be a pse axe 6 like mine nothing but major problems last 6 weeks with bow on way back to pse now cause local shop has no idea what is wrong with it.friggin night mare should have gone to bow tech or mathews or hoyt or apa or athens or anything else.
I took my bow to local shop to paper tune because I could not get broadheads to tune at all.On paper the tear was point high and right,badly.After 2 hrs shop had added so much upper cam lean to get perfect hole in paper the upper cam was at an inch lean.Picked it up for shooting last night and experienced shooters tell me that bow is just waiting to jump string.If they added that much lean to cam something is wrong with that bow ,send it back to pse.Cause your shop does not have a clue if they gave it to you like that.Tillers exact same,draw lengh's same (top and bottom cam) time supposably right.3 different rest same problem.any ideas.????? I am about to get rid of it and go back to rifle hunting.I will say 1 good thing about local shop at least they are trying to figure out prblem.
I don't have alot of experience but unless it came completly screwed up from the factory or someone played around with it before you bought it you should not have to play with the cams to paper tune it to shoot bullet holes. Its all in the rest adjustment and also where the knock is on the string. There are alighnment lines on the bow but they are just to get you started and cannot be used to fine tune it. You need to put string and arrow levels on it to get it closer and then use a bow square to check center shot distance. If the local shop your talking about is Atlantic Archery he may have not done this. I know when Bryan put my QAD on he did it by sight and I didn't say anything to him because he has experience but I was not to impressed.
Mine shoots very accurate to 20 yds and the arrows look good in the target but I doubt it shoots perfect holes in paper. Once spring comes and I get outside to shoot and site the rest of my pins in I plan on putting it in a vise and check everything over.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well before you bash a brand I think you need to know these things happen, the bows are all put toghether by hand. It sounds like either spacers in wrong or a lazy limb or something along tho lines. You are going to be dealling with an excellent company with great customer service from pse. Ask anyone who knows and they will tell you the same. My buddy had a 10 year old browning bow, witch pse bought out, Anyways the bow broke in half, Pse sent him a 2011 vendetta. Ive shot alot of bows out there, and the axe is definatly in the top 1-3 for ME, You have a lemon, plain in simple, could of happen with any bow out there. Either way you have a great bow just having problems with it,

Learn some more about the industry and how pse will treat you if ya have a problem before ya bash on something.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
When ya get the bow back, and it might take alitle while because pse, is pretty backed up right now, There welding machine **** the bed alite while back and has screwed up there production. If ya can get it right, Bring it to me and we will see what we can do with it. Dont bash the bow just yet, it really is a great bow my works very good, and so does alot of other peoples bows.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't have alot of experience but unless it came completly screwed up from the factory or someone played around with it before you bought it you should not have to play with the cams to paper tune it to shoot bullet holes. Its all in the rest adjustment and also where the knock is on the string. There are alighnment lines on the bow but they are just to get you started and cannot be used to fine tune it. You need to put string and arrow levels on it to get it closer and then use a bow square to check center shot distance. If the local shop your talking about is Atlantic Archery he may have not done this. I know when Bryan put my QAD on he did it by sight and I didn't say anything to him because he has experience but I was not to impressed.
Mine shoots very accurate to 20 yds and the arrows look good in the target but I doubt it shoots perfect holes in paper. Once spring comes and I get outside to shoot and site the rest of my pins in I plan on putting it in a vise and check everything over.
Bryan does this with all bows,the PSE bows have a lines on the riser and shelf for setting center shot and elevation.Some bows centershot is left of center,so even if you squared everything it still wouldn't be correct.Also it depends on arrow spime where your rest and nock are.So don't take it as him being less than professional just tons of experience.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Bryan does this with all bows,the PSE bows have a lines on the riser and shelf for setting center shot and elevation.Some bows centershot is left of center,so even if you squared everything it still wouldn't be correct.Also it depends on arrow spime where your rest and nock are.So don't take it as him being less than professional just tons of experience.
Hey I don't blame Bryan he is doing all he can to resolve issue.Got me to bring it back in to fix today with pse and pocipines help.And I am grateful.just frustrated .He will get to the bottom of it and it will be shooting like a dream .

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.