New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

If you could have any bow for free

6K views 67 replies 21 participants last post by  dave 
#1 ·
If someone told you they would buy you any bow you want, which bow would you choose? I think I would choose either the Hoyt Carbon Element, the Bowtech Invasion, or the Athens Afflixtion. When it really came down to it though I think I would pick the Hoyt Carbon Element in Black out. I think its a really cool looking bow, has nice specs, and sounds like it shoots well.

What bow would YOU pick if someone said they would buy you ANY bow you wanted?

#11 ·
Meh I shot the darton, wasnt for me, Remember x force baby, Bows are a personal thing, just cuz someone told ya its great doesnt mean it is, for you.

It being the number one bow was someones opinion not a fact, Lots of people didnt even include it in there top 10.
X2

That guy from the Bow store in NS was down to the ATA and thinks they are right at the top but you must remember he has two pro shooters shooting them which means $$ in his pocket to get people to buy them, no wonder they placed first in his opinion.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well I tell it definetly would NOT be a pse axe 6 like mine nothing but major problems last 6 weeks with bow on way back to pse now cause local shop has no idea what is wrong with it.friggin night mare should have gone to bow tech or mathews or hoyt or apa or athens or anything else.
I took my bow to local shop to paper tune because I could not get broadheads to tune at all.On paper the tear was point high and right,badly.After 2 hrs shop had added so much upper cam lean to get perfect hole in paper the upper cam was at an inch lean.Picked it up for shooting last night and experienced shooters tell me that bow is just waiting to jump string.If they added that much lean to cam something is wrong with that bow ,send it back to pse.Cause your shop does not have a clue if they gave it to you like that.Tillers exact same,draw lengh's same (top and bottom cam) time supposably right.3 different rest same problem.any ideas.????? I am about to get rid of it and go back to rifle hunting.I will say 1 good thing about local shop at least they are trying to figure out prblem.

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don't have alot of experience but unless it came completly screwed up from the factory or someone played around with it before you bought it you should not have to play with the cams to paper tune it to shoot bullet holes. Its all in the rest adjustment and also where the knock is on the string. There are alighnment lines on the bow but they are just to get you started and cannot be used to fine tune it. You need to put string and arrow levels on it to get it closer and then use a bow square to check center shot distance. If the local shop your talking about is Atlantic Archery he may have not done this. I know when Bryan put my QAD on he did it by sight and I didn't say anything to him because he has experience but I was not to impressed.
Mine shoots very accurate to 20 yds and the arrows look good in the target but I doubt it shoots perfect holes in paper. Once spring comes and I get outside to shoot and site the rest of my pins in I plan on putting it in a vise and check everything over.

#15 ·
Limbsaver proton - never shot one, but i like their bows ...

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well before you bash a brand I think you need to know these things happen, the bows are all put toghether by hand. It sounds like either spacers in wrong or a lazy limb or something along tho lines. You are going to be dealling with an excellent company with great customer service from pse. Ask anyone who knows and they will tell you the same. My buddy had a 10 year old browning bow, witch pse bought out, Anyways the bow broke in half, Pse sent him a 2011 vendetta. Ive shot alot of bows out there, and the axe is definatly in the top 1-3 for ME, You have a lemon, plain in simple, could of happen with any bow out there. Either way you have a great bow just having problems with it,

Learn some more about the industry and how pse will treat you if ya have a problem before ya bash on something.

#18 ·
When ya get the bow back, and it might take alitle while because pse, is pretty backed up right now, There welding machine **** the bed alite while back and has screwed up there production. If ya can get it right, Bring it to me and we will see what we can do with it. Dont bash the bow just yet, it really is a great bow my works very good, and so does alot of other peoples bows.

#22 ·
Bryan will do all he can to get it right, if he cant pse will that is a fact, both are good companies to deal with, Few years back I wasnt impressed with Atlantic archery and bought a bow out the usa, but this year I was more then impressed both by his price on the bow, and also his service has come a long way. Best bow shop in the province Ive been to, he is honest, good prices good service, and usually has a decent selection. I just bought a new target sight with scope and lens and clarifier peep, and I got it fro the same price on the manufactors web site, that is pretty good for canadian prices, 500 dollars tied up in my new sight, but would of been closer to 600 outa the states.

Hope everything works out because the axe is a nice bow, and you will like it once ya get it shooting right

#25 ·
If it was me I'd strip it and put it all back to factory specs, as something sounds like it is out of whack. Check the DL adjustment (both set on the right spot), tiller, cam timing and cable twists, etc. Always best to start from scratch and make sure it's all set right to start. It might have been a simple mistake in assembly. Then tune it again and see if it goes right.

#27 ·
Could be any number of things I guess. You'll know better once you have the dealer strip it down and put it back together right and retune. Then if it's still out have the dealer replace it. Don't do it yourself or you'll void the warranty. Let them do it but be there when it's done!

#28 ·
Just an observation but you posted in another thread you had your bow set at 64 lbs. Is your bow the 60 lbs model or the 70 lbs one?
If its 60 then it is set right to the wire of its limits. They say 60 lbs for a reason, its a safety factor. I think there are a few bows on here set like this and in my opinion this should void the warrenty. You don't drive your car with the foot to the floor all the time so why do the same with your bow. If someone whats 64 lbs buy the 70 lb model. It might not get all the preformance out of the it but at least its not maxed right to the wire all the time.

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
It came from pse set at 63 lbs better ask them why.Ok guys I am not trying to bash pse this is my second pse bow I have bought in less then 1 year .If I was not a fan of pse I would have purchased something else.IMO I think there best bow for buck period.I am just frustrated with a few problems I am having with MY bow.Cam slippage(waiting for replacement cams since Nov 26th 2010.Second tuning problem.It's just a problem with My bow not all pse bows.Even dealer struggling to resolve issue.I put stuff on forum for help and guidence from more experienced shooters in case someone has had same problem.Just looking for a possible solution.Geez seems no matter what you inquire about of this forum every one attacks ya.

#34 ·
I never said they didn't preform better near peak, if fact thats pretty much what I said , "It might not get all the preformance out of the it". The question becomes what is peak? Seams like an awfule fine line to crank it up to max then back of 1/4 turn. Mine came from the factory set at 60 lbs and it will never go over for as long as I have it. I turned mine down to 55 lbs for practise and I'm planning on puting it up to 57 or 58 lbs later this summer.

#35 ·
x force, every pse ive seen work great has had about a 1/4 of an inch cam lean, mine does, my old one did, and my buddies does also. that is just how they work. Get that bow and see hows she is now. Im thinking something was way outa wack, And as farr as cam slippage well ya that was a big problem with the 2010 model they fixed that in the 2011, but you can buy what called a mod locker, from pimpmybow.com, Its the same thing pse has done with there new models of the axe, and it works great I hear.
http://www.pimpmybow.com/catalog/item/7899526/8484008.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.