New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my hunting season has been slowed down a bit with a self inflicted knife wound
. No I'm not crazy, just stupid. I was taking the hide of the head of a moose and working towards myself( I should know better)when it broke through the back of the neck and went into my the muscle above the knee on the inside of the leg. Cut a cut close to an inch and very deep. Ended up cutting a lot of muscle tissue. I actually told myself I shouldn't be doing this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well my hunting season has been slowed down a bit with a self inflicted knife wound
. No I'm not crazy, just stupid. I was taking the hide of the head of a moose and working towards myself( I should know better)when it broke through the back of the neck and went into my the muscle above the knee on the inside of the leg. Cut a cut close to an inch and very deep. Ended up cutting a lot of muscle tissue. I actually told myself I shouldn't be doing this.
Don't feel too bad. I did a similar thing a few years back. Pulling a deer hide loose with knife in hand and other hand below to steady the work.

Slipped and stabbed myself thru the hand! I wouldn't want to do that again!!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What were you thinking?
Just kidding, nbb. Sorry to hear about that!

Since were being honest here! I am also an idiot. I preach treestand safety and never go up a tree without a harness and climbing rope, well almost never! On the second week of bow season I had just finished setin' up a stand and was sitting in it with my harness and a few limbs from a out of reach maple were in the way of my shot so since they were only about 10-12 feet up I had the bright idea to just shimmy up and hang on to the lowest limb while cutting the higher one. Dumb move!
Long story short, limb broke desperately tryed to hang on but fell sideways onto my left leg and hit my head on a stump knocking myself out! Woke up to my dog licking my face. Almost broke my leg and ruined the rest of hunting season. Not trying to minimize but it could have been alot worse!
lol...that's a good one

·
Registered
531 Posts
Wow, that sucks NBB.
I guess it goes to show how quick accidents can happen eh. Hopefully you heal quickly & can get back out to the woods. I'm guessing that leg is gonna be tender for a few.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you're back up and running soon. God Bless

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
"NO"....your not an Idiot!.....just "accident prone"!!!
"he he"...Just kid'n
I know all about accidents with knives. I did a lot of carving when I was a young man. And I used to cut myself all the time, on the hand holding the wood. Not as bad as you did mind you, but enough that I finally started using a leather glove, to at least keep the cuts from being to deep. yeh...ya gotta watch that knife towards ya thing. People have lost an eye that way!

Hope it all heals up well! Take care of it dude. And milk the sympathy from your wife, as much as you can!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's coming along. I can walk no problem now. Just don't do stairs to well yet but it won't be long!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to hear nbb! Now...be awfully careful with your table fork young man!
Ya I will, I had the grinder out today cutting some metal and no injuries!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Never cut towards yourself always cut towards your friends,that`s what my father always said

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Never cut towards yourself always cut towards your friends,that`s what my father always said
So thats wah happened to Somers Finger!!
Ahahahaha Ca'monnnnnnnnnn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts