New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
I have a Remington Model 700, BDL DM in a 300 Win Mag for sale, Two clips, Rings, NO SCOPE.
The rifle is in Very Good Condition, About 50 rounds of Ammo, reloading Dies Included.
$550.00
MUST HAVE PAL
If you or anybody is interested.
Will post pic in Gallery later.

300 WIN MAG IS SOLD.

·
Registered
90 Posts
That's a sweet deal!!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a great deal and now its a part of my family,LOL.Probably for a limited amount of time though..LOL..
Every gun i buy i plan on keeping but seem to have the "Wheeler Dealer" bred into me.
This is one of the guns i've always liked and its obviously been taken great care of, hope to use it sooner than later...Nice meeting ya Maugervilleboy and tahks for the reply...Have fun shopping for your new family member..Kev

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It was a great deal and now its a part of my family,LOL.Probably for a limited amount of time though..LOL..
Every gun i buy i plan on keeping but seem to have the "Wheeler Dealer" bred into me.
This is one of the guns i've always liked and its obviously been taken great care of, hope to use it sooner than later...Nice meeting ya Maugervilleboy and tahks for the reply...Have fun shopping for your new family member..Kev
Be Careful Of That Ol' Walker Dangerous Trigger!!

Hawoooooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
925 Posts
Your right on the trigger, she is light. Beauty of a gun!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Was it you Wonsky that set the trigger??Shes light and gonna be fun..
I'm serious on that trigger pal...get it checked and make shhhhhore!! Just watched a show on tv the other nite about it!! Thats why they came out with the X-mark Pro trigger a couple years ago!!

P.S.
Too light a trigger on a magnum rifle would most definitly "NOT" be my forte!!
Just Sayin...

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
What would be a good trigger pull for a 300WSM?

Mine is a Tikka in T3 Lite, factory set (don't remember the lbs), but if I could I'd lighten it up a hair or 2 just to get to tight groups even tighter LOL!

Tks,

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
What would be a good trigger pull for a 300WSM?

Mine is a Tikka in T3 Lite, factory set (don't remember the lbs), but if I could I'd lighten it up a hair or 2 just to get to tight groups even tighter LOL!

Tks,
I got my WSM set at 3lbs flat!!
thats plenty for a magnum!!

My Tikka 250 HB is 2 3/4's i think...wanted 2.5 and gunsmith wouldnt do it!!

Look at that thing the wrong way and it goes off!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
So if I had a company & tried to cover up a Boo Boo by airing a video, would you believe it too??

Maybe they should spend a little more time on there rifles when they are producing them...
Like Floating the barrels, bedding the stocks, and ohhhhh ya....Checking The Triggers!!

P.S.
Dont get me wrong I'm not bashing The 700s, they are a fine rifle in there own regards, But that company has been known for years, to hide there problems & not confront them like they should.
Easy to blame poor quality control on the economy though isnt it

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think you got a fine piece there RR! I have two 700 BDL's and an 700 XHR and all of them shoot tight! Tighter than my father's and two of his brother's Browning A-bolts(which I sight in every fall), they are pretty but that's it, and every bit as tight as my brothers Tikka!

I agree there are some poor quality Remi 700's out there but they are the cheaper models! As you said Big Bore, you get what you pay for!

The BDL is not a "cheap" rifle!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No worries, i bought a hunting rifle and it will do anything i want it to, i dont read into all the guns forums and know why this rifle does this and this one does that, but i have had alot of diff guns.I am sure most i have had , had a bad review of some sort but didn't effect me while i used them..I'm just a hunter who studies hunting LOL..

·
Banned
116 Posts
Hi RR, I got my 280, Now let see all the sh!^ that can be dug up about this caliber. Like you, I will have it for a year or two, then, maybe a slingshot.
MERRY CHRISTMAL ALL, Happy Hunting.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts