New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends and I have been talkng about is for sometime now. We can not find any proof or get a hold of anyone that can tell us for sure if it is illegal or not to shoot from a road/highway.

Anyone know where I might find this info ?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Legal to shoot from the road, NOT across a road or from a vehicle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is what i have heard before but i was looking for a reg. or some kind of doc that states that. written proof .

·
Registered
84 Posts
It is illegal in some provinces to shoot from a numbered highway or a paved road or something like that. But it's ok in New Brunswick as long as you aren't crossing the line into "dangerous use of a firearm" - for example by shooting across a road. That's my take on it - mind you I'm not a cop or a lawyer so take that with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
481 Posts
No laws specifically against shooting from, across, or down roads but as grunt says dangerous use of firearms can be used and is at the discretion of a judge.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Would have to check the firearms act.
When I took the restricted course the instructor told us that you could actually straddle the line and shoot to either side! Of course he also said because the law was that way, perhaps a tad of common sense would be a good idea too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts