New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody interested in going duck hunting via kayak? I'll be going out Oct.2nd in the Hampton area. If anybody wants to join me, I'll give you more details.

I'm also interested in trying in the Musquash area. I am told you can duck hunt in the Ducks Unlimited area there if you don't use a motor boat, but I don't know for sure and don't know who to ask.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is anybody interested in going duck hunting via kayak? I'll be going out Oct.2nd in the Hampton area. If anybody wants to join me, I'll give you more details.

I'm also interested in trying in the Musquash area. I am told you can duck hunt in the Ducks Unlimited area there if you don't use a motor boat, but I don't know for sure and don't know who to ask.
Maybe I'm totally wrong but isn't it illegal to shoot from a boat that isn't stationary (as in anchored)?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I'm totally wrong but isn't it illegal to shoot from a boat that isn't stationary (as in anchored)?
As long as it's not a motorized boat, it's ok. For example, I can float along with my yak and can jump shoot (I checked with DNR last year and that's what they told me), but I prefer to wedge my kayak among the grasses on the shore and blend it with the environment.

·
Registered
65 Posts
As long as it's not a motorized boat, it's ok. For example, I can float along with my yak and can jump shoot (I checked with DNR last year and that's what they told me), but I prefer to wedge my kayak among the grasses on the shore and blend it with the environment.
Nice! I'm getting a boat!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts