New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is travelling highway one between St.John and St Stephen keep your eyes peeled .Travelling from St.Stephen to trade school in st john last week, thurs night 35 deer between pocologan and st andrews turn off and friday night closer to 50. There was a deer behind Comeaus restaurant i was estimating still would go 200+ pounds eating with prob 10 other deer all the deer ive seen still look fairly healthy considering the winter weve had.Hopefully they will stay off the highway, if youre travelling watch out and be safe

·
Registered
125 Posts
You're very right! We seen many deer there earlier this week on our way back from the USA. I'm sure we have seen at least 100, all generally healthy and we only saw one deer on the side of the road dying. They have lots too eat there, so they'll probably be there until all of the snow is gone.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Warm weather all week should knock the snow back and make it a little easier on em, as long as they dont get smoked trying to get at the exsposed grass along the road

·
Registered
125 Posts
was it hit by a car? i was out to the deer dump and there starting to pile up now.
Ya it was, there was some blood beside it and it looked like it had been dragged off the road. A couple of cops were there, I assume waiting for a Conservation Officer to come finish it off but I don't know for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts