New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've bought more knives than I will ever need. I was visiting family this week in New Glasgow and went to Grohmann knife outlet in Pictou. I've always preferred shorter blades on knives I'm using for field dressing, whether it be moose or deer. Grohman is having their annual 50% off sale on seconds. I picked up a nice little knife for a great price. The cutting portion of the blade is 2 3/4 in. long. They have a few items that are in the sale on their webpage but the store has much more.

http://www.grohmannknives.com/index2.html

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't have time for the tour but plan on going back a lot. Knives are kind of an addiction for me, so I'll definately be back.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
They make great knives. I have a skinner and we bought dad the Trout and Bird knife. Brother has the Survival.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm like you, I love knives and have more than I'll ever use, I don't even know what I'd use some of them for

I usually fall back on an old trout and bird knife by Grohmann. I like it for most applications but I'm trying to find a 4" Outdoorsman by coldsteel. I like the design but the 6" is bigger than need be.

I like cold steel knives ...here is a few of them...

Along with some of my favorite Throwing knives made by Harald Moeller. I have more than this but I think the boys ran off with my Viper I's as they like throwing them as well:D

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
You AND your boys all armed with Throwing Knives? I guess I know where I won't be hunting uninvited

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Great thread!
What method and type of stone do you guys use?
What is your favorite angle for a working edge, everyday use?
I bought a spyderco sage2 about a year ago, I love it, but when it eventually does get dull, what a bugger to sharpen!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a bunch of Grohmans too,trout/bird,skinner,Coast Guard edition mariners and a pocket/belt knife.
I also have a Spyderco and love it,only about four inches folded,flip open and stays razor sharp.
Got it about two years ago and it has lived in my pocket since...no need for any other knife IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts