New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to get a bit excited about a trip to Maine this spring.
Two hunts...Turkey and Wild Boar/one trip...my first time hunting either.
A friend has already done the Turkey trip/hunt multiple times and the Boar hunt last spring for the first time.
He scored a 150lb boar with his Trad bow @ 15yds and tells me it is unbelieveable exciting and he just loves the turkey hunting.
He's a huntin fool too so I can't see goin wrong going on this hunt.
We will be hunting two spots....

Turkey....Northeast Wilderness Outfitters...CLICK HERE

Wild Boar...Hillside Guide Service...CLICK HERE

Both of us are going for bowhunts however if things are getting down to the wire at either place...
The bows may get stowed for a bit more reach,the outfitters have firearms available if needed,saves us border hassles

The camera will be coming along...of course...and I will add to this hopefully with "after" pics and a review.

I had a feed of "Pulled Pork" from the wild boar Roger took last spring...
about sold me on it right there!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Wow I would love to do a boar hunt, 600 bucks aint to bad, Anyone interested in setting something up with me for spring.

Kpr do you know the success rate on the boar hunts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had no idea a boar hunt could be that reasonable. I've already sent off an e-mail to them requesting more info. Not to copy you, KPR, but this is a hunt that I am going to look into. I mentioned it to the wife, and she said she'd pay just to get rid of me for a couple of days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
KPR, I'm not sure when I'd like to go. My business partner is going to be away the end of March to the first of April, so I can't go then. Other than that, I set my own work schedule and can go anytime.....but I'm not a big fan of the cold, so warmer weather would be nice. I've been trying to do some research on Hillside Guide, and all I can find is very basic information. Hopefully when they get back to me, they will have all the details.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Me thinks me will look into the boar hunt. Always wanted to do one with the bow. I'd be interested NBDH, anyone else?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Can definitely see why you're getting excited for spring, KPR!!
Good luck!!

Think I had better start putting away a bit more $$ in my hunt fund! lol
Both of those hunts are something I'd be interested in doing in the near future. Especially the boar hunt.

hmmm..Might be able to convince hubby to pay for this one...he'd be getting rid of me for a week....that's gotta be worth something!

My hunting wish list seems to get longer & longer everyday!

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
HMMM
Damn, Got My interest peeked now....!!!

really reasonable prices and close.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
We should try to get 3-4 guys to go Bowtech, Im good to go pretty much anytime as long as I know before hand. If your looking into it bowtech keep me posted and mark me down to go for sure.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Think I had better start putting away a bit more $$ in my hunt fund! lol

hmmm..Might be able to convince hubby to pay for this one...
Pennies away = Income Tax time for kpr

Option #2 is definately the right idea tho......someone elses income tax...

Jeeze my name is gonna be mud with my bud if you guys go down and bring em all home before we get there in May....lmao!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Pennies away = Income Tax time for kpr

Option #2 is definately the right idea tho......someone elses income tax...

Jeeze my name is gonna be mud with my bud if you guys go down and bring em all home before we get there in May....lmao!!
lol...I still gotta put away pennies.
the income tax return is already spoken for...new bow & new rifle!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Already sent them an e-mail and will probably get on the phone with them when I hear back. Will keep ya'll posted...their web page has most of the info on it but I added a few questions.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Re: success rates..."Pretty much %100"
I'm told that if needed to get you a hog they will bring the hounds out and if you can keep up to them or get there once they "corner" a hog or it turns to fight which doesn't last long...you'll have your hog.
These guys want you to enjoy your hunt and be succesfull.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts