New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today is the last day for the early bow boys, after this the competition steps up a notch.

I went out this morning to a new stand and had 4 within 20 yards of the stand. Two were does, one small buck and I don't know about the other as all I could see was legs
. I think it was a fawn but not sure. Was kind of temped on the buck with the guns coming out on Monday... but not that tempted.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yup,been kinda of a hard 3 weeks,seems like the wind just won't stop blowing.Guess I will have to dust the 30-06 off
.The good thing is it opens up some more hunting spots for me with the rifle.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just a quick question to make sure I understand correctly:

Once rifle season starts, you are still allowed to bow hunt. Is this correct?
People call it "Bow season" only because it's an early opportunity right?

Pardon the beginner questions, but I am just that. I don't bow hunt yet, just asking what I wasn't sure about.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes early season is bow only, general firearms season opens Monday and you can use bow, shotgun, ML, rifle, etc.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Did that influence my decision to shoot this morning. ABSOLUTELY!!

THAT ALONG WITH: an aching back, aching shoulder, wind, wind chill, freezing hands and feet, having to pee, and not being able to hunt for the next 2 weeks..LOL Reading this over, that button buck was lucky to walk through..LOL I'm not sure if the button would be bigger than Bowtechs or not, as often as I've posted his pic on here, their is no way in heck I was gonna take that chance..LOL

Best of success fellas!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts