New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Critter has a new woodlot - 65 acres. This is what he's told us "Buckaroo My land is 700 feet wide by approx 3900 - 4000 deep , 20 acres not cut since 25 years ago(back end) , frontage as been cut a few years back but they left little islands here and there, no timber jack ruts as the land is dry. Partially cut."

How about what's growing there? in the cut area - how tall, what kinds of trees? Same with the back end. Dry doesn't sound good.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Critter has a new woodlot - 65 acres. This is what he's told us "Buckaroo My land is 700 feet wide by approx 3900 - 4000 deep , 20 acres not cut since 25 years ago(back end) , frontage as been cut a few years back but they left little islands here and there, no timber jack ruts as the land is dry. Partially cut."

How about what's growing there? in the cut area - how tall, what kinds of trees? Same with the back end. Dry doesn't sound good.
I think the first thing he needs to do is decide if and were he would put the camp if he builds one .then he can sort of visualise were to put everything else. dry sounds great to me , that meens it is all usable .Ideal condition for alfalfa/clover plot/ little orchard beside the camp with clover planted between the trees , get an old lawn tractor for the wife . build a couple nice little walking paths to the outter areas . couple of hidden little plots with some permanant stands (all enclosed with roof : sit on rainy days with grandkids / wife"reads here book". Nice place to hang out and watch things .Get as much done early as posible to be able to enjoy as much as he can even once a person gets old.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts