New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
736 Posts
This is my new Atv Wagon. Got her 1/2 off @ Princess Auto , was missing front bed/tow bar support and receiver. They even through in a 4' foot lenght of 2" inch angle so I could build the part myself!
The first 2 pics are of the piece I had to build that was missing, the rest are before and after. This little rigs weight is 150 Lbs and is rated for 750 Lbs. Total cost $150 + tax for wagon, $ 12 for 1x4 spruce boards and 2x4, $12.99 + tax for receiver, $2 for self tapping screws.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Nice little rigs but if you ask me I would say that those axles would snap like twigs under load, was considering one until I looked at it a little closer. Keep us updated on the trailer as if it works out for you I might give one a go>>>>>>>

·
Banned
736 Posts
Nice little rigs but if you ask me I would say that those axles would snap like twigs under load, was considering one until I looked at it a little closer. Keep us updated on the trailer as if it works out for you I might give one a go>>>>>>>
It would take one heck of a load to snap a 1" inch solid axle like a twig!
I will be putting her to the test here shortly. Will let you know how she holds up.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well My buddy has the same trailer and we used it last night for the first time. It worked ok, but im not sure on how long the thing will hopefullly longer then I think it will lol. Its a ratly old thing thats for sure lol. Good luck with it.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Sold my new wagon on the weekend!
The only reasons for selling were that I made a profit and found this other rig @ the scap yard for $20. Could not pass this deal up. Should clean up nice! Awesome ground clearence and she dumps to boot!

·
Banned
247 Posts
Nice score CM! I don't believe the scrap yard knew what they had... I bet your wife is glad you finally have a project to work on
That is the foundation for an awesome trail wagon! You won't even know its behind the wheeler. Don't forget to post the finished product!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Real nice looking atv trailer. Good job and very handy too. I have one but not as fancy as yours. What I'm looking for is a atv tilt trailer to haul my atv. Any body know where to get one? I see pictures of them but seems to be in the states. Will appreciate if someone knows of a dealer here in NB.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Nice score CM! I don't believe the scrap yard knew what they had... I bet your wife is glad you finally have a project to work on
That is the foundation for an awesome trail wagon! You won't even know its behind the wheeler. Don't forget to post the finished product!
Not even funny the stuff people throw away. Well! One man's junk is another man's treasure!

Caroline stoped shakin' her head a long time ago, TS!
She knows they don't sell pills for what i've got!

You bet! Will try to post progress as I go.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Real nice looking atv trailer. Good job and very handy too. I have one but not as fancy as yours. What I'm looking for is a atv tilt trailer to haul my atv. Any body know where to get one? I see pictures of them but seems to be in the states. Will appreciate if someone knows of a dealer here in NB.
Good deals on KIJIJI, Olsilver! I had a nice one but sold it this winter.

·
Banned
736 Posts
Finished cleanin' up the frame, welded the bed to frame, cut 4'x4' piece of mesh for bed and four 1'x4' pieces for front/side boards and tailgate. Startin' to look like somethin'!

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the front and sides done this afternoon. Next steps will be floor and tailgate.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
nice lookin wagon, I like the clearance underneath it

·
Registered
634 Posts
Awesome tilt trailer. Something like that would be great.

You make me want to take a welding course. Might check out what NBCC has to offer for evening courses.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What size rims are you fellas using for your trailer tires? I have a few small rims (8" I think) but I am not sure where to locate tires suitable for off road for them. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
What size rims are you fellas using for your trailer tires? I have a few small rims (8" I think) but I am not sure where to locate tires suitable for off road for them. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
I think the hot setup is to use car wheels.
I scrounged spindles from the back of an older dodge, replaceable bearings and seals....
This way 14,15 or 16" rims from a neon or cavalier will fit, the cavalier rear spindles are non serviceable, don't use em....
My trailer is a few threads down if you want to look, the rims are from a subaru, same bolt spacing as the cavalier/neon....
Cdog.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts