New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just curious if any of you know for an old lime spreader, preferably 8ft wide, most any condition as I can fix it.
Thanks,
Cdog.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys, just curious if any of you know for an old lime spreader, preferably 8ft wide, most any condition as I can fix it.
Thanks,
Cdog.
A manure spreader would be great too (not huge)!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Lime spreaders are few and far between as most just rent them when they get their lime. $5.00/tonne rental. You can use a PTO mounted fertilizer spreader as long as you only put a little in at a time.

Might be able to find a small used manure spreader at one of the farm machinery dealerships. You could try Arbings in Sussex or Hall Brothers in Norton for starters.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lime spreaders are few and far between as most just rent them when they get their lime. $5.00/tonne rental. You can use a PTO mounted fertilizer spreader as long as you only put a little in at a time.

Might be able to find a small used manure spreader at one of the farm machinery dealerships. You could try Arbings in Sussex or Hall Brothers in Norton for starters.
Thanks, I was hoping to scrounge a rebuildable one in some old farmer's back fourty fer cheap.
I guess I thought they would be laying around rotting everywhere....
Cdog.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'll ask around at work and see what I can find at work. There isn't a lot of "small" machinery laying around anymore for the hobbiest. Farms, equipment and tractors have all gotten A LOT BIGGER since I was working on the farm.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll ask around at work and see what I can find at work. There isn't a lot of "small" machinery laying around anymore for the hobbiest. Farms, equipment and tractors have all gotten A LOT BIGGER since I was working on the farm.
I appreciate it.
I know the machines are huge now, that's why I was hoping to find something an old flathead massy harris gas tractor pulled around?
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
There are a couple old manure spreaders up this way CDog but no lime spreaders that I have seen.

Turkeyhunter...contact any of the tractor dealerships for a Viacon, they aren't cheap though. I have an older steel Agrex spreader but when I get another it will be a vicon or similiar. I know Arbing Equipment in Sussex had a couple last summer.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Does anyone know where i can buy a used VICON fertilizer spreader (900lb capacity or great). Thanks
Turkeyhunter, I posted a link in this forum for a viacon spreader, remembered someone was looking for one but couldn't remember who, now that I'm looking at this post again, I see you were the one looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts