New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey tall pines.... Good luck finding a used 220 swift. I gave up and bought a 223 instead. The only new rifle you can buy in 220 swift is the Remington 7OO VSSF. Or if you got the money Cooper makes a dandy 220. If you want the 220 swift performance, go with the 22-250.

Rick.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hey tall pines.... Good luck finding a used 220 swift. I gave up and bought a 223 instead. The only new rifle you can buy in 220 swift is the Remington 7OO VSSF. Or if you got the money Cooper makes a dandy 220. If you want the 220 swift performance, go with the 22-250.

Rick.
I agree it'll be tough finding one, but isn't that half the fun? The other half is finding a nice reload for them that doesn't burn the barrels right off (That's why they aren't more popular).

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I agree it'll be tough finding one, but isn't that half the fun? The other half is finding a nice reload for them that doesn't burn the barrels right off (That's why they aren't more popular).
Rapid repeated firing is what really eats the throat, let it cool between firings....
Stainless steel also resists this better than chromoly.....
The swift has a long tapered body, so the brass stretches easily, and also has the odd rim, this is really why it isnt more popular....
I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this, but but just get a 223 fast twist and have it rebarreled to a 22~250 or ai, the brass will last far longer and you can get lapua brass wich is FAR better than the remington or winchester stuff....
Cdog.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I favor the .22-250 but I really like the .220 Swift also. I purchased a .220 Swift in a Ruger M77 MKII with a laminated stock and beavertail fore-end. Shoots really nice. I bought it a year and and a half ago. I didn't realize they were hard to find...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I have a model 25 savage.Round count 30 broke it in cleaned every shot for 20 rounds. A real tack drive. 3x24x44 muller scope trypod Thumb hole that they do not sell any more.$800.00 shipping. I also have a custom 22-250 VZ brno 98 action best 98 action made best steel and smooth 253/4 varmit barrel drives tacks.Laminated stock cost $500.00. I have a timmy trigger on the way and the rifle will be complete. Scope or no scope and can put on bypod.Gun only $1400.00. E-mail me [email protected] The 204 will keep up with a 22-250 and cheaper to load for and you can dope the wind and still see your hits in the scope.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts