New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks im looking for a coyote gun. either a .223 or .22-250 in good shape with a scope....looking to spend 300-350 bucks if possible...let me know if you have anything..thanks a lot!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was looking at the Savage Edge also, but decided against it for 1 simple reason. This is a gun you are going to use a lot more than a .308 or .30-06, so don't cheap out. Sure the Edge is said to be accurate, but these are a completely different line of rifle from Savage, so after 1000 rounds, what shape will the barrel be in? Who knows after only 200 rounds what shape will the barrel be in? So far they're having clip issues and it's only been a year or two since they've been out. I decided to save a little longer and spend a few hundred more and get something like a Savage with Accutrigger, which is around $599.

Just my 2 cents. I'm not an experienced shooter either, just a guy who reads too much.

·
Registered
53 Posts
To be clearer, I ment that for $350 a new Edge is a good starter rifle. I am not a Savage rifleman myself, but I have shot a couple. A better quility used rifle will be more than $500.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I agree the Edge is a great starter rifle and I hear they are accurate (which is most important), but like a gun salesman told me, how "good" can they make a gun for 200 bucks?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts