New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
hey guys and gals...
I know we have members from throughout New Brunswick and NS and possibly elsewhere so I thought I would ask if any of you know of book publishers in your area looking for new material. My publisher has had some health problems in recent years and thus, I am looking for a new publisher for my "Humorous Hunting Tales in New Brunswick" series of books. The first two books have done very well, thanks to many of you,including "best seller" status nationally for my first in the series. I have another written and ready to go...but need a publisher. I am of course, prejudiced...but I feel it's my best one yet. A talented hunter friend designed the cover for me as well as the story illustrations inside and of course, the stories are all humorous...and basically based on real life true incidents. I've had many people ask when I'm going to get the next book out so they can buy it...but despite having a big market for this type of book, many NB Publishers don't "feel it's right for them and their audiences". I suspect that they either don't understand the hunting public's passions and ready market or they feel that they are a bit above being involved with such publications. At any rate,I am still searching for a good publisher, here and in other provinces and state side since my books are very popular with American ssportsmen. Kittery Trading Post, and other venues in Maine have expressed interest in carrying a series of my books...but first, I need to find a new publisher...just thought you might know a good one in your area or home town...have a great day, y'all! Ray

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gaspereau Press here in the valley area of NS is a small publisher that has done several books along the hunting/fishing/local interest type books. I think they are out of Kentville NS. I must admit I know very little about this type of thing but have heard these folks are good to deal with.

Butch

·
Registered
323 Posts
Joe Blades of Broken Jaw Press, might be someone of interest to you, Ray. Joe is located in fredericton and he has a website.

Joe publishes a whole spectrum of books and would most likely be interested in your product, especially since you have been published and successful.

Lefty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts