New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I could buy a Kolpin 6.0 Impact gunboot with bracket. I have had a one on order with a Moncton store for about 2 months now but they are still on back order and they dont seem to stressed that hunting season is around the corner and it is not coming in. Any of you guys seen one in your travels?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow I would have never thought it was going to be this hard to find a certain gunboot. I need the 6.0 or the 5.0 transporter. I have a rear seat and a front storage box, so I am limited to my mounting options. I have tried toys, g-bourques, better buys, lyons, walmart, crappy tire.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Wow I so totally misread this....

I was thinking how big are the ducks and geese you are hunting that you need a gun boat.

·
Registered
495 Posts
here's a IV boot from a canadian retailer via Ebay
Here's a mount from the same retailer.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend the V model as the mount has a lot and I mean LOTS of play, I had to bungee the end tight to keep it from banging around, it is absolutely horrible.

I had an older model IV before, the one that mounted via 2 big bolts through the bottom ridge of the case. The new mounts for the IV and VI models look way more rugged.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw that one but the shipping is $31. Kinda steep. Plus the bracket is not what I was looking for. The killer for me is to get something that sets the case more to the side out of the way of my backseat and front storage box. If they do not come in this week or I cannot find one local I will just bite the bullet and oat the cabela's shipping.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Years ago I got the old-style IV bracket (Bootector) and love it to death. It's just about at the end of its life cycle now, after more than 10 years of being smashed off trees, surviving roll-overs, +32C down to -35C, kicked, banged, beaten and abused in every way, shape and form.
This could be its final hunt. Like an old dog or a first girlfriend, I'll be sad to see it go. And speaking of old girl friends, not because of the replacement cost, either, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts