New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
HOLY S#$T thought we had water along the sj river boy was i ever wrong . Do live around there?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Did the river get your camp, Greyghost? I've got a few pics of the dam I'll post later. The water level is coming down and hopefully the dam will continue to hold.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's just crazy.
My thoughts are with any and all effected by this. I've had my old house flooded twice and the feeling of hopelessness when you see the water rising is undescribeable.
Best of luck to all with the aftermath.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We were all right sako , but a few of our neighbours were not so lucky . The water was up 8' higher than the highest I've seen it in 20 years . Today almost a week later and the river is still at spring freshet level . While our camp didn't get wet the road in got washed out in 3 or 4 places with ruts 3 to 4 feet deep .

- A couple of our neighbours camps

See where this one was sitting on the cinder blocks

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/city/article/1356210

·
Registered
925 Posts
That's insane. Those roads looks like the ones in the area I hunt. I have a camera up in the woods that I've been trying to retrieve. Every bridge and culvert in the area seems washed out. Probably have to retrieve in the spring or whevever the roads get repaired.

·
Registered
531 Posts
That's nuts!
We've certainly had some crazy weather this fall!

·
Registered
627 Posts
The river was higher than I've ever saw before. Good to hear you're camp was alright, Greyghost and too bad about all the damage. I've saw quite a few pictures of travel trailors, downriver, tangled in trees and totalled. Wonder what this will mean for the fishing in the spring? We'll probably see the affects of this in the trout population for quite some time. I had some work along the river, yesterday, and it's amazing the damage that was done and how far the river reached.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts