New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the new 2011 Maitland bow models. The Zeus,and Retribution. They both have the new faster VTR cam.

Zeus
38" ATA
7" BH
330 IBO VTR cam
315 IBO VTX cam
Draw lengths 25-33"

Retribution
33" ATA
6 3/4" BH
340 IBO VTR cam
320 IBO VTX camDraw lengths 24-32"

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The colors they offer, like red on black are pretty sharp.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These bows will still be offered with the VTX cam as well. The VTR cam (shown in the pics) will come in "two" sizes. A large cam for the longer draw lengths, and a smaller one for the short.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im guessing there only in the states
Well...yes that's where they are being made. But that didn't stop me from buying one. I know you meant as in "trying one out" moccassonman. LOL! They are currently setting up a dealer network. They have a dozen or so lined up now I believe. I bought my Zeus directly from the (Inventor/Company Owner)Rob Maitland personally. And he has just shipped out about 200 units the same way to customers in the states. But if you wanted one, you can either order "direct" as I did. (at least for a while longer) or order from one of the existing dealers. Kind of hard to try one out here I know.(except for mine)And I won't have it set-up to shoot for a few more weeks. Trust me, the quality is very "high end" on these bows.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I guess it all boils down to what you "really want"! I bought a Zeus, because I just "loved" the look of the bow. An archer spends a lot more time "looking" at their bows on the wall... than actually shooting them (especially in the winter) I have all mine hanging up in front of my computer as I type this. And my Guardian, and Zeus are some "Slick" "look'in" arrow launchers! I can't buy a bow unless I truly love the "design" of it first. And found that they are very smooth drawing and haven't even begun to see what tac drivers they are.
If you like a longer riser then these bows have it for sure. The price tag isn't "cheap" by no means. But neither is a Cabon Matrix! You get what you pay for. I buy bows to keep. I can't part with them because I love them too much. A bow to me is an "investment" in "FUN"!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Love the looks of the Zeus! 38" ATA...man it's almost as long as I am tall!!

I would look like I'm shooting a recurve with a bow that big!

Speaking of recurve though...spent all weekend shooting recurve and a couple more hours tonight.
I think I've found another love!! Someone once warned me that bows were an addiction...I'm starting to believe it!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Yes CG...to see you shooting my Zeus at 28" draw with your 25" DL would make a nice pic for sure!
Might get some "major" forearm "sting" though! LOL!

Hey, nothing wrong with getting yourself a re-curve as well. I always thought about trying one. But just never did. For hunting its a different ball game for sure. But just for "fun". Wouldn't cost all that much to get set up either.

Gotta get a "cool" look'in recurve though....Its gotta look "sharp"! LOL!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Just a pic of me holding the Zeus would be hilarious...but watching me get bit by that string would be pretty funny too, I'm sure!

Let me know the next shoot you're going to with that Zeus!!

I don't think I would want a recurve for hunting...just for fun!
and fun they are!!
I'm definitely going to look into prices

·
Registered
542 Posts
i shoot all year around right now i got 4 compounds and 2 recurves there all shootable except my proline.but once again i need a new one lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts