New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure we've all walked by Miss November in the hunting department at Walmart. She looks pretty hot right now at the Moncton store all decked out in hunters orange.

After mention of her in another post, I was wondering if anyone actually uses deer decoys and if they've had any luck with them.

• Upvote
Reactions: Mister November

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
never used one and don't plan too. The living ladies are enough decoy for me

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never used one and don't plan too. The living ladies are enough decoy for me
lmao. I guess I should've worded my post to read "Does anyone have one that they use for HUNTING"

Come on Cat, admit that you have one.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I shot a nice 7 point buck back in 2006 over a decoy deer. They work amazingly well - don't let anyone tell you any different. I recently got a plastic corrigated one made by "Renzo"...but it's black and white (not that the colors should matter to a deer), but they just don't seem to decoy to it like they did to my archery foam target/decoy. Debate whether you use antlers or not. Bucks are pretty aggressive if you use antlers on it's head. If I hadn't have seen it, I wouldn't have believed it.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
lmao. I guess I should've worded my post to read "Does anyone have one that they use for HUNTING"

Come on Cat, admit that you have one.
LOL I guess you remember the old nickname too!!

when I said living ladies I meant the does walking around in the woods

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it works for Dale! I'm gettin' one!
LMAO. You & me both.

I shouldn't even laugh..I haven't even caught a glimpse of a buck since the season started. Seeing lots of moose & does.

I just might have to go get myself a "secret weapon" or aka Miss November, to convince those bucks to come out & play!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
what hoytman....she doesnt do it for you?
hehehehehe

well...i am gonna put her out wed for the first time...
let's hope she does her thing..lol!
after this weekend i am beginning to get discouraged!

never seen a track this weekend...even after the snow was down!

·
Registered
16 Posts
i was ou this morning and all my apples i put out last night were gone. but this morning never saw a thing and thats a first since the season started lets hope it dosnt keep up. that doe tag is looking awfully tempting after not seeing anything today. thought with the snow today and the cold a few bleats would get a buck to answer while it was still dark but no luck there really dont know what i am going to do now.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I bought a scarface (buck/Doe)decoy two yrs ago and i think i had it out once, its more of a archery season thing for me because of the dangers using it in rifle season and only having a morn or two during bow season not much chance in i using it..

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
well boys..take a look at 4everbowhunt deer
what do you see in the background!
read his post!
you guys are gonna be crying when i drop the big guy standing behind miss november!!!
lmao!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely has me convinced now how well they work!

Heading to the camp in the morning to try my luck once again, maybe I should make a quick trip to Walmart tonight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts