1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
489 Posts
YAHOO......my odds just increased!! With a new baby on the way which is due Oct 4......this will be my year to get drawn and not be able to go.....oh well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
they talk this crap every year and i'm yet to notice a difference.... raise your hand if you know somebody who has been drawn 2 years in a row or one family thta seems to get at least 1 license every draw... while you have been applying for over a decade...my hands up!!
the fact theat dnr...rcmp...fisheries..have a special draw for themselves pisses me off to no end as well!

·
Registered
289 Posts
the fact theat dnr...rcmp...fisheries..have a special draw for themselves pisses me off to no end as well!

Please explain?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I wonder if this means people who have never had a moose license in the past 10 years or people that have applied for one and not been drawn for the last ten years? I wonder if dnr has the ability (datta) to even know if someone applied every year .

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but.. DNR still isn't addressing the BIG issue that "non-hunters" can apply for tags right.

Example..any NB resident with a medicare can apply!
Thats the root of the god dam problem in my opinion as well!!
People dont seem to like the idea of having to apply with Firearms License instead of Medicare(cause they hate the registry and dont wanna comply blah blah blah)
Its the only Shhhhhhore way to drop the number of applicants down(and make it better for the people that really hunt), but they'll never do it cause they are starvin for the $$$, the no good sons a.....ahhhh never mind...Dont Get Me Started!!

I always go with someone, but alot dont have that kinda fortune!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought some of you guys would get a kick out of that article!
Be interesting to see if any of our odds are actually increased!

I guess I shouldn't complain...although I've never been drawn, I normally always know someone that gets it, and get to tag along for the hunt...even if I'm just a caller, or one of the ones that gets to help dress the moose and drag it out! haha

It is very frustrating though, when it seems like it's the same group of ppl year after year that get drawn.
Or at least thats the way it seems in my zone, anyway!
But according to DNR, it's nearly impossible for the same ppl to get drawn over & over!!!

What a joke! But that's just my opinion!!

The system that has been in place for the last "however" many years, you can actually check your medicare # and see how many times you've applied. That system wasn't fool proof either. The last time I checked it, it was missing 2 of the years I had applied. I know my ph bill got charged for those years!

I really doubt the new system will increase my odds...but what the heck...here's to hoping that I'll FINALLY get drawn this year!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don"t think my odds will increase.
I haven't been drawn in 12 years,so I will be going into pool 3. with one more chance than with the old system (8-9). the problem I have the cut off went from 12 years to 10 years I will bet my chances are worse with more people in that pool.

·
Registered
174 Posts

Please explain?
I know that RCMP have their own draw but Im not aware of any special draw for DNR or Fisheries. Wish someone would have told me this two years ago when I started working for DNR ?!
Correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Was wondering if drawn could I sell the second gun to a NB resident?? I mean they (2nd gun) pay me X amount of dollars and they can shoot the moose. Was thinking about that the other day and was wondering if it is legal??

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Was wondering if drawn could I sell the second gun to a NB resident?? I mean they (2nd gun) pay me X amount of dollars and they can shoot the moose. Was thinking about that the other day and was wondering if it is legal??
Designated Hunter(2nd gun) has to pay the $82 same as the person whos name was drawn, and has to be within seeing/hearing distance of person who was drawn at all times. 2 guns 1 moose!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
you have a guides license... and a moose licence, you can't sell the license but selling the service and letting 2nd gunner shoot should be o.k. then again what makes sence doesn't always go along with the law.
as for the rcmp's special draw i thought it was all 3 departments but i'm not certain.

·
Registered
726 Posts
LOL I figured someone would be jumping all over me for that statement..LOL I was just kidding. I've never been drawn. I'll be shooting it myself and taking about 2.5 million pics to savor the once in a lifetime NB Moose Hunt

·
Registered
323 Posts
The first time I put in, I got drawn, back in 91 and its been downhill ever since!
I have been lucky to be 2nd shooter a few times and tag along for other trips but nothing like getting that tag!

I sincerely hope that changes will make a difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The first time I put in, I got drawn, back in 91 and its been downhill ever since!
I have been lucky to be 2nd shooter a few times and tag along for other trips but nothing like getting that tag!

I sincerely hope that changes will make a difference.
I've heard rumors that if you had a 2nd gun licence then you would be considered as successful in having had a licence. You would be put in the appropriate pool, regardless of the fact YOU were never actually successful in the draw. Is this correct? I hope so.

·
Registered
495 Posts
People dont seem to like the idea of having to apply with Firearms License instead of Medicare(cause they hate the registry and dont wanna comply blah blah blah)
Why should I have to show a firearms license if I exclusively bow hunt?
I have firearms, but I don't hunt with them. If I were to go moose hunting, I would take my bow.

I am not saying your wrong, but it has to be something all "hunters" will have. I know plenty of people that hunt, and don't own a gun, and as such have no need for a PAL/POL.

·
Registered
108 Posts

Please explain?
Its not a "special draw". The RCMP and Military have to apply in person using their ID number because they are not issued with a Medicare Card. Their application goes into the same draw as everyone else.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I've heard rumors that if you had a 2nd gun licence then you would be considered as successful in having had a licence. You would be put in the appropriate pool, regardless of the fact YOU were never actually successful in the draw. Is this correct? I hope so.
it's been like that since they started the 2nd gun, both people on the tag are considered to have been drawn and are placed in the appropriate pool for already having a tag recently.

edit: however a second gunner can be a second gun from one year to the next as that person wasn't actually drawn in the draw and is picked by whom ever was drawn, so it is more likely to be a second gunner year to year than to be the person who is actually drawn.. think I explained that correctly! lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts