New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out for a hunt today and we came across six moose within a four hour period. We seen them in pairs where one cow was with an eight- ten point bull. The cow was the same size or maybe even a little bit bigger than the bull. The rest were cows and calfs.

I was wondering if others are seeing many moose?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keeps up like this for another 5-6 years, we will have the moose hunt a regular season and the deer a special three day event! HA!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Seeing lots of moose this season as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lots of moose up my way.The way the woods are being cut is perfect moose and bear habitat and is killing or driving the deer out.This is the worst year yet for deer in my area.Last year at least they were moving at night.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back out this morning and came across a huge bull and a cow. He had a nice rack but nothing spectacular but what stood out about him, was his enormous size!

Two days, eight moose and no deer being seen.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I saw the same huge bull 4 different times during the week and a half I was hunting at my camp. It was quite a sight, he definitely had no fear of me at all, and he'd come out of a different spot every time almost as if he was coming out to see me. I've never seen a Moose of that size or with that kind of rack before, needless to say it got the heart pumping the first time he came out, at less than 20 yards from me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts