New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen on TV where they have the Moose "propped up" to take photos after the shot and was wondering how they do that? Does anyone have any tips?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well it's a bit of work with a moose, but looking back I wish I had known then what I know now. First thing is to take a few minutes to take photos. Try to move the animal to an open area. Next try to roll him on to his belly, and position his head in a somewhat natural position. Make sure the tongue is not showing, and that your back drop is not red with blood. It was also recommended that the pics be taken before field dressing, wipe any visible blood from the animal as well. The photographer should be low for taking the shots ( laying on the ground) perspective is better. The hardest part of all is to take your time, 20-30 minutes might seem like a waste, but in NB you might not have another opportunity for moose pics for years. hope this helps, and happy hunting. ( Most of these tips are thanks to "Hunting Canada and Beyond". A camera is a good thing to keep in your pack. Without mine I wouldn't have shot anything last year!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spread the front legs and point the hind legs toward the front probably will help to. Use sticks or stumps what ever you have on hand to prop him with, just keep it out of the shot. You are trying to respect the animal, not just to prove how big it is. If you try and it doesn't work out, then at least you tried and you will probably atleast learn from this experience. Happy hunting, and i can't wait to see the pics!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info BC. I think that the pictures look so much better if taken before field dressing and like you say it does show alot more respect for the animal. Hopefully we will have some photos to post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts