New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
I didn't get a tag this year but plan on going to my stand anyway. Take my camera and get some pics, maybe. Decided to get up early this morning and walk in to the stand. It's about a 25 minute walk so I planned on being in the stand by 7a.m. On the trail going in I ran into a cow and calf which ran towards the stand. Figured if I was quiet enough I might get some pics from the stand. Got up in the stand and could hear a moose milling around behind the stand in the dense woods. I called at exactly 7 and got 2 answers from one direction and a loud roar behind the stand.At 7:10 the first moose showed up. I saw 5 moose this morning before 8 a.m. and got these pics and some very shaky video.

Took these pics with a digital camera and the light wasn't great. I didn't use the flash as I didn't want to spook the moose. The last pic is a video. Just click on the pic.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Nice Bull!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bull I got last year from this stand dressed 950 and this one is comparable. No tag this year so I wonder what he'll look like next year. This one came out 10 minutes after I called then there was an unbelievable roar behind the stand. This guy retreated fairly fast. The bull behind the stand had a cow with him. He came within 25 yards of the stand in thick woods and roared numerous times but didn't come into the open. Saw his cow inside the treeline but he stayed back.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heading back this morning. Hopefully to get some more pics. If not, it's a nice morning for a walk.

·
Registered
925 Posts
You should have challenged that big boy in the woods. Might have might for some more great footage.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I raked the trees and grunted while smashing dead spruce but every time he started to come my way the cow would whimper and he'd stop. I also think he knew he was the boss over the other bulls. Every time he roared they retreated.Got more video today of a young bull that was very hesitant to come into the open until he was sure no other moose were around. In one of the videos he keeps looking in one particular direction and shortly after he ran off another larger bull came into view and made his way across the treed section of the bog.Click on the pic for more shaky video.LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts