New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

I think this one fits a 10" with 4" opening but you can just modify it.

G

·
I've got some cage rat traps in the shed. Similar idea to a funnel, except they are square instead of round, and instead of a funnel, they have a one-way door with a hinge on the top. I've got them in 3 different sizes, the 6" fits inside the 8" which fits inside the 10". Great for carrying several traps. We got 19 rats in one trap once, we couldn't even open the door, had to cut the trap apart. They're easy to make. If you're ever in the Moncton area feel free to come by and take a look.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the invite .243 . These subs are pretty easy to make . And cheap to make we got every thing free to make them with . Cant wait to give them a try !

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bull's eye , I also heard that apples work to . My boy was going to take his trappers course this month but it filled up before we got back to them to tell them he was comming to take.

·
Registered
21 Posts
[quote name='Old guide' date='02 February 2011 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1296700283' post='17265']
Parsnips are there favorite I think.
[/quote
anyone getting ready for muskrat season ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finishing making floaters and dyeing traps . How about you getting ready ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
my floaters are buried byehind my garage in snow, hopefully this rain will get rid of the snow ! I am also making some cage floaters , some ideas i seen on internet sites.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got everything ready to go. Just waiting for the ice to go out. My boy finished his trappers course today .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Put some rat traps out today. Still lots of ice, Saw some rats sitting on the ice and saw a mink running on top of the ice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts