New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no pics but wish I did, as pics say a thousand words.

I live in the City of Fredericton, about 3-4 km from the Westmorland Street Bridge, and on my drive home from work I noticed 4 deer hanging out in a small field (across from a commercial building). The local deer frequent this feild often and are use to people and vehicle noise. So after picking my daughter up from daycare, we drove to the feild and watched for 10 mins.

She is only 2 so she became ancy and I asked her if she wanted out. I grabbed a couple of apples and we got out. At this point the deer were 60 yards away, I threw an apple towards the big doe and as soon as she heard it hit the ground she trotted over to it. After several strategicly placed throws I had the doe within 25 feet. Out of the blue a cat appears and came over to us, I started petting the cat - at which time the doe perked up and walked over to within 10 feet and wanted to come closer but my daughter was moving and talking very loud.

The doe put the run to the cat.

Last night
Second closer encounter -
The deer travel from the feild, past my house, to the River. After work my daughter sat in the truck (Stubburn little girl) while I threw a few apples out behind the house. I made several fawn calls and then went to get my girl out of the truck but she woulbn't get out. So we go for a drive (5 mins), when we get back home she wants to play on her slide in the back yard. She gets on the slide when I hear a crunch sound coming from down the bank. We go over to look - 4 point spike and a doe eating the apples.

But typical 2 year olds, she starts screaming "My Deer, My Deer", tails up and they take off.

I will try to get a close up pic with my daughter in the coming days/weeks.

·
Registered
925 Posts
That's awesome!

·
Banned
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:)Pics in the member gallery...she was some happy. I had the big doe to within 6 feet but my daughter started kicking the ground and talking loudly so the doe backed off a couple of feet. When she sees the deer she yells "My Deer, My Deer"...some funny. A few more years before she can sit in the ground blind with me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts