New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That other lad will be that much bigger next year.
Assuming it's still around. I have three buddies all trying to get him, and he is smack-dab in the middle of guide country, so if he starts roaming, he'll likely get blasted.

I am thinking of baiting him all summer and fall long, though, if he doesn't get shot this season. I assume it will stick around if I bait the site once or twice a week.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The Ol 12 Gauge did the trick Ca'monnnnnnnnnn
Hawooooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Ol 12 Gauge did the trick Ca'monnnnnnnnnn
Hawooooooooooooooooo
The 12 gauge left some massive exit wounds. Over bait, I don't know if there is any better gun, as long as you are accurate with it. I didn't have a lot of confidence that I could put the slug where I wanted, since I only have a bead and no rifles sights on the gun, but it worked out pretty well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats!I've tried the baitin' all summer deal, not sayin it's not worth it, but a Adult Boar is gonna cover his turf no matter what.I've fed some smashers all summer then have them just disapear.There will always be big Boars around in good habitat, trouble is in areas with a lot of Outfitters, they get very educated on the game.Best time to crack a big one in this situation is when he's with a sow, may be the only time he'll show in shootin light.Do you eat Bear?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts