New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally happened! So much hard work and it finally paid off. As far as a story, I had bears coming in all night every night, after 8pm. So i did everything i could to change the pattern and it worked! Shot him from 40 feet out of my tree stand off the bait site. But the biggest story is what this means to me. I shot my last big game in the fall of 2005 (8 point buck), my father passed away in march of 2006 when i was 21. Ever since then, i haven't been able to harvest anything bigger then a coyote. We were hunting buddies and i lost my will to hunt after that. So getting this bear regardless of size means everything to me! And my g/f is also 3 days over-due so the timing was perfect, I can focus on that again! anyways I can explain the hunt better later, and with better pics, but for now here is the only picture i have with me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
atta boy craig!!! i sure am going to miss my hunting buddy this fall as well, the camp just doesn't feel the same with out him no matter what age you might be. good luck with the new one on the way bud!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats on the bear craig....also congrats on your soon to be new baby
now maybe you can carry on the tradition with your new son or daughter

·
Registered
175 Posts
Congrats on the bear craig....also congrats on your soon to be new baby
now maybe you can carry on the tradition with your new son or daughter
My dad has been gone a while now, you will always think about him this time of year.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congrats craig...You will always remember your first bear no matter how many you shoot.Congrats on the soon to be new addition to your family!!!!!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
congrats on the bear and the upcoming addition to the family...like stated earlier you will soon be able to start another family tradional and your memories will last a lifetime.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heres a few more pics, still have better ones but they are on everyone elses cameras. I never offically weighed it, but at the ranger station they guessed 200 lbs field dressed, but I think thats a little high. More in the 175 range if you ask me but i'm not good at guessing. Either way I am happy and thats the whole point!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts