New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Time to fire Gallant and a few others.change the polititions is one thing how to stop the internal influence by irving and other big companies.the foot soldiers makeing the real decisions always still remain.id be curious if irving influenced her fireing?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Big forestry in nb outgrew the resource a long time ago.expansion now is a recipe for quick short term profit and eventually a crash.....every empire in human history failed because it outgrew its resources.less forestry would guaratee a future more guaratees history.

·
Registered
415 Posts
And JDI knows that so they are moving into Maine to rape their forests as well. JDI will never fall. They will always take the money and run. They only make deals and decisions if it benefits them. That's why their net worth is equal to or greater than the provincial debt. Go figure eh

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm thinking they let her go because of the upcoming fracking deal in the works. I was told by a source that Irving has multiple pieces of fracking equipment currently being stored. Premier Brian Gallant only put a moratorium on fracking and in fact announced in the news a few months ago the assignment of a study group on fracking. There will be a deal signed in the next year. The glyphosate research that Dr. Clearly was doing just added to her dismissal.

Our government is a bunch of hypocrites and arseholes.

Irving last week was sending multiple emails to their employees with propaganda basically letting everyone know they are very ethical blah blah blah. All this to try and surpass any doubt from their employees who are being exposed to the constant bombarding of CBC news articles and Facebook posts with links proving how corrupt Irving and our government is.

Did you know that DNR has blocked any of its workers from accessing Charles Theriaults web site that shows multiple interviews showing how unethical and corrupt Irving is. "www.isourforestreallyours.

Please see Facebook page "stop spraying New Brunswick". It will enlighten you and light a fire under your arse.

·
Registered
415 Posts
It's fucking bs I just don't know how ppl of nb can tolerate this garbage. The government has a free rein to do whatever they want with zero backlash other than getting voted out. Princess gallant will be number what, 4 or 5 of one term wonders. The info is out there, but we need more media coverage.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The New Brunswick Director of Fish and Wildlife was also put on leave. Coincidence?
Can you verify that? I looked into it and was told that he switched duties that involve managing GIS work for F & W. Now, that could mean that they didn't like what he was saying.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I heard there is a petition somewheres in nb to stop the spraying has anybody else heard of it? And where can i sign?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I heard there is a petition somewheres in nb to stop the spraying has anybody else heard of it? And where can i sign?
I believe it's been on the NB Hunters group on Facebook. I heard some people talking about it. I haven't seen it myself though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think the only people that can make a difference now is our Landlords.

The elected representatives that were voted in have been either scared off or bought off.

We should support them when and if they protest again.

Join in instead of letting the government injunction or have them arrested.

Most forest and rivers do not belong to the mill owners or the government employees or politicians but to the people.

Decisions are being made against the advice of our biologist and if they baulk they are dismissed.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I think the only people that can make a difference now is our Landlords.
The elected representatives that were voted in have been either scared off or bought off.
We should support them when and if they protest again.

Join in instead of letting the government injunction or have them arrested.
Most forest and rivers do not belong to the mill owners or the government employees or politicians but to the people.
Decisions are being made against the advice of our biologist and if they baulk they are dismissed.
Here here! Do join in please! There are thousands in various groups on and off facebook, pick one, stand up and be counted... Our collective failure to do so helped got us into this, standing up for each other will get us out... I'm talking to you too baby boomers... without you, the most significant population, we are but a chatter of pissed of youngins... come on Tim's can wait for today.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/protest-glyphosate-petition-irving-1.3368363

A few dozen people turned out at the legislature Wednesday to protest the use of glyphosate and other herbicides in the province.

They are part of a new group called Stop Spraying New Brunswick, made up of hunters, environmentalists, and others opposed to spraying in New Brunswick forests.

Members of the protest crowd in front of the legislature Wednesday. (CBC)

Matthieu Vienneau of Kedgwick, says a recent report by The International Agency for Research on Cancer, a branch of the World Health Organization, deeming glyphosate "probably carcinogenic to humans" was one of the reasons the group was started.

si-protest-crowd.jpg

"Between that and all the deer herds that are dying," said Vienneau. "I'm a New Brunswick hunter, we've had this problem for years."

Glyphosate is a herbicide used widely in the province as a defoliant by a number of companies, including NB Power and J.D. Irving Ltd.

It is currently under review by the office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, as well as being re-evaluated by Health Canada.

The group gathered 1,100 names on a petition, mostly in the Kedgwick area, to ban pesticide spraying. They say their aim is to get one-tenth of the province's population to sign it.

http://i.cbc.ca/1.3368439.1450298201%21/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/original_300/si-****-petition.jpg

Green Party leader David **** accepts a petition with 1,100 names calling for a ban on herbicide spraying in New Brunswick. (CBC)

"Our goal is to ban this, we gotta gather 75,000 names to make a real impact on this," said Vienneau.

The group presented Green Party leader David **** with the petition, which he will table. **** told the group they have his complete support, and he'll do whatever he can in the legislature.

·
Registered
415 Posts
It's a start. Now start getting signatures. I'll have several copies of the petition on hand and plan to get 100 signatures myself. If everyone did the same, we would have our 75000 and then some.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts