New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
well boys it seems everyone else has started a thread for their trail cam pictures so I might as well jump on board too.
I have 2 stealthcams out and will be going to swamp the cards on them this weekend. Hopefully some good results as 1 of the camera's has been out since Labour Day and not much action at all. I went it and checked last weekend and only 8 pics...left card in and will swap it out this weekend.
2nd camera I put up last Saturday at my main hunting spot...will swap that one out this weekend as well.

I must throw a thanks out to Hoyman (member of RackStackers) for the help

stay tuned

·
Registered
163 Posts
looking forward to some awesome photos bud...rackstackers seem to have our stuff together...the other teams might be in tough lol

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Another one added to the ranks

Good luck on the cam pics. Looking forward to seeing the results!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally have a bit of action at 1 of my sites. I really am learning quickly and will be making some site adjustments to compensate for the morning sunrise as I have seen enough cam pics of that already!!!
I will say this...just these 2 images now have me hooked

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well seems that my 2 main spots are fairly quiet the last 7-10 days. Only 1 deer stopped for a pose and I also had a stanger walk into my area and got a couple pics of him...he looked a bit confused and suprised. Lets hope he just moves on and realizes this spot is taken

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sure hope so. this is the quietest activity I have seen at these 2 spots in a long time during Oct

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well I am starting to get frustrated with the lack of activity on my cams. I have had 1 cam out since Labour day weekend and not much for deer pictures or any other critter. Something has been eating a 20lt pale of apples every few days and no pics I just find that odd.
Plus in 6 weeks not 1 night time picture. I am starting to wonder if the camera is working in the dark and that is when the apples are being ate.
I really don't want to walk in there after dark in case of spooking a deer this close to opening day

I guess I will live with it for now and test once I bring the camera's home for the winter.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will try lowering the camera a bit.
Since the last picture I have moved the camera (to avoid the rising sun) If you look at the picture I posted Oct 11 I now have the camera on the other side of that picture. basically its facing the deer instead of looking at its ass. I have it on a 2X6 about waist high
I am getting pictures just not of game. It takes pics when I am in there baiting and I tried to set the cam height based of my 4 year old and it manages to get pictures of them when I take them with me.

I am just wondering if the deer are coming after dark and for some reason its not detecting them I will try adjusting it a bit, if it wasn't so close to opening day I would go in there after dark but last thing I want is to put Mr. Buck in noctural mode just to get a picture of him on my cam.

Maybe I have something set wrong cause neither cam has a night pic yet. From what I read in the manual it should be automatic with no settings...either way this is a fun hobby

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well after a long stretch of no action finally got some game coming again. Adjusted my camera positions at seems to be paying off

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
went in this morning to check 1 of my camera's haven't been in since Tuesday afternoon

this beauty walks in right before dusk on the 20th

and 2 hours before I go check my camera this morning look what stops by

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Tell me. Are you havin' fun yet?
Nice bear!
you could say that!!! and if it keeps going I think a couple better cams will be in my future

Just need to continue to fine tune the cam position a bit more. its range is a bit too much to the right for night pictures.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
checked my other cam this morning and here are a just a few pictures. I had over 60 pictures since Tuesday but Mr. Buck hasn't shown up yet

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
heres a few more pictures of deer I pulled off 1 of my camera's the 2 deer on the 26th were there for over 1hr between 3pm and 4:30pm, and I have a pile of pictures of these 2. Now is just need daddy buck to show up
these 2 deer must have known I get off work at 4:30pm LOL

plus a bonus pic of a bluejay

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
had over 200 pictures off my 2nd cam
finally some bone!!! not alot but some

and a couple of the regulars

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
going through some of my trail cam pics and mixed in with the deer pics was this little guy
Nov 3 19:07

1 - 15 of 15 Posts