New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well whent out this morning, sat till 1045. Seen 2 deer cross the tracks but couldnt tell what they where. Then at 930 I had a doe come to the apples. She came back 2 more times before I took off. Ill be heading back out around 2 pm and will sit till dark

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY went out tonight and had a great hunt. I put my cousin in the stand on the other side of the field i am hunting. First off i walked to my satnd and stalked up to a doe in my apples to about 25 yards. Got up in the stand and out came 2 does by my cousin they fed around him for about an hour. Then out comes a coyote towards my cousin. In all the excitement i droped my video camera. I watched my cousin draw back on the coyote and seen the arrow fly and then seen the coyote run away `he missed`. I watched in in my bonoculars. Then about 2 minutes after the coyote was gone, out came a 4 point buck about 40 yards from me, And then out come a nice 6 pointer rite behind him. Meanwhile my camera is 14 feet below me on the ground so i get no video of them in close witch sucks. So i watched them feed away for about 40 minutes. Then i look over to my cousin and out comes another 6 point about 80 yards from him. After a litle while out comes 2 fawns beside the other 6 pointer. Then all 5 deer meet up in the midle of the fiel and the bucks start running the fawns around. So off goes the fawns, At this point i say ok thats enuf i need my camera so down i go and get it. I come back up and then video tape the bucks and fawn goofing around and then the bucks begin to spare or fight if you will. Now i get home and photo bucket wont let me upload the video to show you guys, im working on it but it wont bring up the file.

Oh by the way i gave it to my cousin for missin then coyote that stuff dont happen every day

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
sounds like a great first day. Arrowing a coyote would be no easy task

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sounds like you had a great first day of hunting.
Too bad your cousin missed the shot on the coydog. Not everyday you get a chance to arrow a coyote!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Now that's a great night on stand.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
wow...
congrats.....off to a good start!!!
sounds like it was a fun evening!
yes it is too bad he missed the yote!!!
next time!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Well another good night tonight, not as much action but seen a few does.

Here is a pic of the buck im after Im holding out for him or something bigger. Any ideas on score. He aint huge but he sure is pretty

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
That is one nice buck. Let me guess, based on the ground rocks, a nice little saddle on your favorite hardwood ridge maybe? LOL!

Hope you get him!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well whent out tonight. Took my wife out for her first deer hunt. Desided to head to my ground blind because its so easy. Well we didnt get in till about 6, put out 30 or so apples then hurried into the blind. Well wasnt 10 minutes and she say Rite over there a doe. So i look and see one doe coming, Then a litle spike horn then another spike horn, And im telling her quiet quiet. Then see say look at that and out come a doe with a white nose, And white halfway up her sides,. So i get her to turn on the video and she tapes then for about 20 minutes, The 4 deer where within 18 yards of the blind, And the big white doe knew something was up She came as close as 8 yards from the blind. Then one of the litle spike bucks came closer then her, Then eventually they ran off after the white on blew at us. Pretty sweet. When i say small spike i mean small Like this years fawns with litle buttons lol cool nuntheless. I have been baiting this spot for about 2 months now and these 4 deer are completly new to the site. Im trying to upload some of these videos but photobucket wont let them For some reason when i click on the folder that my videos are in there in nuthen in them but when i leave photobucket to look for them there in the folder i dont understand it, anybody no anything about these damn computers

·
Registered
925 Posts
That's a great buck. He should hit around 120.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Well whent out tonight. Took my wife out for her first deer hunt. Desided to head to my ground blind because its so easy. Well we didnt get in till about 6, put out 30 or so apples then hurried into the blind. Well wasnt 10 minutes and she say Rite over there a doe. So i look and see one doe coming, Then a litle spike horn then another spike horn, And im telling her quiet quiet. Then see say look at that and out come a doe with a white nose, And white halfway up her sides,. So i get her to turn on the video and she tapes then for about 20 minutes, The 4 deer where within 18 yards of the blind, And the big white doe knew something was up She came as close as 8 yards from the blind. Then one of the litle spike bucks came closer then her, Then eventually they ran off after the white on blew at us. Pretty sweet. When i say small spike i mean small Like this years fawns with litle buttons lol cool nuntheless. I have been baiting this spot for about 2 months now and these 4 deer are completly new to the site. Im trying to upload some of these videos but photobucket wont let them For some reason when i click on the folder that my videos are in there in nuthen in them but when i leave photobucket to look for them there in the folder i dont understand it, anybody no anything about these damn computers
Worry pas, computers are only a fad....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts