New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that is a member of the NBWF needs to tell your group to get on the phone or email and each of tehm need to send letters to their MLA, the Premier and the Minister..............It's all over if we don't.....well be like the north woods of Maine (No DWA)

·
Registered
242 Posts
we need someone to do up a letter on here that is simple that we can all agree on. so we can copy print off what ever. to send out so they can see we are all on the same page.

·
Registered
110 Posts
NBWF has put forward many resolutions to DNR over the years that deal with these issues , fact is DNR is interested in Wood Fibre and not NB's Wildlife .
Link - http://nbwildlifefederation.org/wp/communications/resolutions/

eg.
2002 - No increase in plantations on crown lands
2003 - Misuse of Insecticides
2004- Jaakko Poyry Report
2004- Northern Deer Herd

Our previous Minister of Natural Resources (W. Stiles) had the nerve to announce the increased cutting (reduction) of Deer Wintering Areas at the NBWF's AGM in Fredericton two years ago , this is not new news .

* Here's some contact info

President
Roland Michaud
576 rue principale
St. Leonard, New Brunswick
E7E 2H5
[email protected]

Forestry
Rick Murray
12006 Rte. 114
Penobsquis, New Brunswick E4G 3A2
[email protected]

·
Banned
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we need someone to do up a letter on here that is simple that we can all agree on. so we can copy print off what ever. to send out so they can see we are all on the same page.
Personalized letters are more effective than the same letter from multiple hunters.

Just keep the letter/email simple - Stress your issue and concern and ask how they plan on fixing. Our two biggest issues are DWA cutting and Herbicide Use which result in lack of habitat management. Does DNR care about habitat? What is the long term plan?

Something like that.

·
Banned
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NBWF has put forward many resolutions to DNR over the years that deal with these issues , fact is DNR is interested in Wood Fibre and not NB's Wildlife .
Link - http://nbwildlifefederation.org/wp/communications/resolutions/

eg.
2002 - No increase in plantations on crown lands
2003 - Misuse of Insecticides
2004- Jaakko Poyry Report
2004- Northern Deer Herd

Our previous Minister of Natural Resources (W. Stiles) had the nerve to announce the increased cutting (reduction) of Deer Wintering Areas at the NBWF's AGM in Fredericton two years ago , this is not new news .

* Here's some contact info

President
Roland Michaud
576 rue principale
St. Leonard, New Brunswick
E7E 2H5
[email protected]

Forestry
Rick Murray
12006 Rte. 114
Penobsquis, New Brunswick E4G 3A2
[email protected]
NBWF has alot of members, if even a small portion write a personal email then they will make a huge impact. Please pass the word.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't know if anyone this site wants to talk to a newspaper or news network along with your MLA to get the public informed about the situation, I would do it myself but I am not good at those types of things (I would be a huge supporter but I am no good as a representative).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts