New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine sent me this link. Neat Rig.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've got one it works great. It will boil water in a minute with twigs or whatever you can find.

Lee Valley carries them look for Kelly kettle

·
Registered
404 Posts
I got one of those a few years back at Nepisiguit salmon associasion banquet .Never tried mine (to pretty don't want it all black ) , just a decoration at my camp . anyone know how much they cost,mine is all aluminum.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Looks like a pretty slick rig but I still like my ol' apple juice can with wire as it brings back lots of memories about being in the woods with my Dad and Gramps.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Looks like a pretty slick rig but I still like my ol' apple juice can with wire as it brings back lots of memories about being in the woods with my Dad and Gramps.
I have used them many times as well Bowtech!
...they also double as a "moose call" as well! LOL!

Of course once you punch a hole in the bottom...
..no more tea!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I like the apple juice can too but this is way quicker .... And you can use it anywhere. Tree stand, river bank, parking lot ... You name it.

Trouble is that they are bigger than they look ... Even the small one and as such don't pack away tiny. Very light but even if you hang it off your pack it is way bigger than the largest thermos, and it's thin hollow metal with a handle and chain attached to a cork rattling around.

If you have room for it in your pack it won't add any weight. On your bike, sled, truck etc its a great addition and either way it is very handy.

·
Former Mod
1,169 Posts
We tried it about 10 years ago while ice fishing on a lake, a friend had one and he tried it out, I was impressed. However, I too must be old fashioned like Bowtech, there is something almost religious about a tea kettle boil with my ol'man....the tea tastes better lol!

I remember back in 2008, we drove an hour and a half with the truck and the ATV to get on this lake, dug a hole or 2, never caught a trout, but the highlight of the 2-3 hours spent at lakeshore boiling tea with Dad, to this day he still talks about it...

In this fast paced crazy technological world, sometimes, just for an instant or two, it is beneficial to sit out and wait for something to happen....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts