New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yes my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our first child. But today i picked up my new BABY

Im telling people who were or are not fans of pse bows, they need to step into the real world. I have shot most top end bows by every company out there, And the new pse line is amazing. Mathews are also on top of my list, for some reason i cant see what all the hype is about hoyt, and bowtech isnt my favorite. Anyways i ended up get the new pse axe 6 in skull camo, It is dead i mean dead in the hand, and holds awsome and is also very forgiving. I wont have any pics up for a day or 2 but im telling ya guys you need to try pse before getting anything ya never no ya might just end up with one. I dont even wanna get into the evo. WOW

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Congrats dude! I just "love" that "New Bow" smell!!

Com'on with the pics. I have heard good things about them Axe's!! ....But my Bowtechs are pretty tough to beat! Still getting my new Maitland Zeus target bow set up. And they are coming out with a speedcam for it in 2011. I have never shot a Hoyt, but would love to also have one of those Carbon Matrix'ses. I am a bonafide "bowaholic"!!

Now to just win the lottery tomorrow night!

Enjoy that new Baby!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Amen,I've had bows over the last 10yrs but never really invested the time I should have into it.I bought a new PSE Dream SEason this year and WOW.I've never seen anything so fast and surprisingly accurate.I only have 1 regret,YOU HAVE MY BOW..lol..really do wish I had got the axe6 bone collector.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Well if I was in the market for a new bow I still wouldn't be looking at the PSE. While all the top manufacturers make better low end bows today than any of the top ends we had 10 years ago the criteria is still the same. Hoyt is a good bow, tough as nails but that is where it ends. PSE has a nice feel and good draw cycle for some but they still aren't as good as either the Bowtech or Matthews for quiet, vibration free shooting. When I pick a bow for hunting my #1 priority is quiet and when PSE matches Bowtech or Matthew in that category I'll look at them. Actually until something comes out that I think is better than the Guardian I won't be bow shopping, and obviously that hasn't happened yet

Congrats on the new bow as well!
I always loved getting a new toy

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh im gonna have to disagree with ya on this bowtech. Im not trying to start and argument but i totaly disagree about bowtech and matheews being ahead of the gamee. I guess why there are different companys out there is cuz not everyone likes the same thing. I shot the guardian many times along with the d 350 and 340 and the admiral and the captain, and i didnt not find them to be any more quiet or shock free then the pse line up definatly not the new evo. Money was not as issue on this purchace and i tried everything from the carbon matrix to the darton 3800. And for ME im not saying everyone the pse was what i whanted.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe they have matched if not suppassed the other bows on quietness and shock free, If you have not tried the 2011 models witch im sure you havent because Mine and one other is the only ones around here as of rite now, And most canadian shops will not be receicving any for another month. I think you would be supprised. The evo is making a big impression on anyone who tries it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
True enough, 10 shooters can pick up the same 10 bows and each pick a different one for what they like. That is why it's important to try them "all"
Bowsite always has a good Head to Head test each year on the new bow lineups which gives you a pretty good idea of how each of them stack up. I think PSE finished pretty good... one year

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
No, I haven't tried anyones lineup of the 2011's yet. Just remember that everyone else will have a new ones to put against the Evo so comparing the Evo with 2010's or my 2007 is apples to oranges. Mind you like I said when they come out with a BETTER bow than the guardian I'll go shopping. Until I find one I'll keep shooting it. Maybe the EVO will take the archery world by storm and I'll be eating my words in a year but we'll see.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya for sure. same goes for most anything out there, From cars and truck to the women we love lol. I enjoy reading the reviews and what not but its still up to your personall preference nobody can tell how something fells for yourself

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes i wish i was abble to shot a strother but wasnt able to Im telling ya that evo is everything and more my axe 6 wasnt to far behind it either, but i had to wait over a month for it so i said screw it and got the axe 6, doesnt mean its the only bow ill buy this year tho heheheheh just dont tell the wife

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
From reading the reviews I thought the EVO was just the AXE 6 with the problems fixed

"With the new Axe+ Hybrid cam system and 6" brace height this rig is considered to be an enhanced version of the PSE Axe 6"
http://compoundbowchoice.com/brands/pse/dream-season-evo/review/

I'm just razing...I imagine they both are great bows.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes the evo was an improvement over the 2010 axe, but the 2010 axe and 2011 are different again lol new cams. riser and lots less vibration.

Hoyt has got ya brain washed hoytman. I would even shot a bowtech before i shot a hoyt, lol hahha just razzin boys.. But like ya said after shooting a hoyt for so long you couldnt imagine something else. and im the same way with the pse, There is no other grip out like the pse im not saying good or bad but to me i cant even hold the other bows the same as i can my pse. just cuz im so acustom to the grip.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Well yes my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our first child. But today i picked up my new BABY

Im telling people who were or are not fans of pse bows, they need to step into the real world. I have shot most top end bows by every company out there, And the new pse line is amazing. Mathews are also on top of my list, for some reason i cant see what all the hype is about hoyt, and bowtech isnt my favorite. Anyways i ended up get the new pse axe 6 in skull camo, It is dead i mean dead in the hand, and holds awsome and is also very forgiving. I wont have any pics up for a day or 2 but im telling ya guys you need to try pse before getting anything ya never no ya might just end up with one. I dont even wanna get into the evo. WOW
I'm in the exact same situation as you nbduckhunter. I went to the Archery Center in Fredericton the other night and looked at the PSE bows and they are nice. The Axe is on top of my list along with the Vendetta XL. This is my first bow and I plan on doing it up right from the start as its something I've been wanting to do for a long time but always put it off, but its now or never. Going back soon when I have more time and shoot them all and then make a choice. I think I'll pick up this baby maybe after xmas and then wait for the other one to arrive sometime late June. Congrats I'm sure your just axcited on both as I am.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You know they've invented guns over 200 years ago right guys!?!? haha , I've been keeping my eye on a hoyt , but I don't know anymore with christmas coming up and stuff. I still haven't bought the woman's gifts. Big dreams , small bank account! Or maybe i have too many toys already. I'm scared if i get into bows i'm going to replace all of my firearms with bows haha.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ya be carefull you might i did,
well i still have a few shotguns for ducking but i dont even own a rifle anymore. i just sold my last one.

Once you shoot one with a bow youll forget about the rifles

1 - 20 of 22 Posts