New Brunswick Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not new but pretty much, Thank you to all that didnt buy hvywghts 2010 dream season, I just met up with him and traded a few items in on the bow, Great fella to deal with and the bow is in mint condition, Just put it in my press and put My peep in and gonna be putting a new rest and loop on it tomoroy, I installed my hha single pin on the bow. I was missing my 70lb bow and just had to have one incase of moose liscence, I know ya dont need it, trust ya dont, But as most of you no im a speed freak and I wanna shoot a 450gr arrow at moose if I get the chance, And with this bow she will be moving lol.

Hate to tell the people out there that was looking for a bow but ya missed out on a good one at a wicked price.

·
Registered
542 Posts
you got to love it never have enough im going to look at a few tomorrow

·
Registered
531 Posts
Congrats on the new bow!!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well after about 20 minutes of set up, All i can say is wow, This thing is FAST. I think me likes, Sorry axe you might be pushed aside until deer season, Because I think this beast will be my 3d bow, hmmmmmm. 356fps, with a 360 grain xcutter, I think that should be plenty fast for me, I have it set about 65lbs rite now. The bow is alot lets say harsher then my axe, but Thats what speed cost ya, I can live with it for 3d, And moose id say, Also ive been shooting at 55lbs so the 10lb difference probably has something to do with the difference in the draw, The hump is pretty big, But she holds so steady, steadier then my axe, and thats hard for me to believe. I cant wait to shoot, some longer distances tommoroy. Opps I must also throw in its dead I mean dead in my hands also Very Very litle hand shock.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Congrats! I looked long and hard at getting that bow from him, but with the issues he reported with it, and it being my first bow I figured I'd be better off with something less harsh and maybe a bit more forgiving. I also really liked that Bow Madness I tried out up at AA, and may very well end up with that bow in a couple of weeks (I'm in Toronto atm, so I won't be getting it until after I get home). I'm sure I'll be kicking myself for letting that deal go in a year

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Congrats also NBDH! An archer can never have "too many" bows at his, or her disposal!

Man! That things faster than all my bows put together LOL!!!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya its probably not the best starter bow, The hump on the last 2 inchs is pretty noticeable. But it is know to be a very accurate and forgiving bow, 6.5 inch brace height is the highest bh ive ever owned, so I imagine ill see a litle more forgivnss then my axe 6, Also its an 1inch and a half longer, ata, And it just seems to hold steady as anything Ive ever held. To early to tell yet, but im actually liking it better, then the 2011 dream season evo.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Ya its probably not the best starter bow, The hump on the last 2 inchs is pretty noticeable. But it is know to be a very accurate and forgiving bow, 6.5 inch brace height is the highest bh ive ever owned, so I imagine ill see a litle more forgivnss then my axe 6, Also its an 1inch and a half longer, ata, And it just seems to hold steady as anything Ive ever held. To early to tell yet, but im actually liking it better, then the 2011 dream season evo.
I dunno NBDH? ....I don't think a man with "Arms" the size of yours, would ever find a bows draw cycle "Harsh"!! LOL!

The next time I've got a deer to drag..I'm call'in "You"!!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hahaha, well its deffinalty harsher then most bows, It bassically an omen, With more forgivness, Im heading to the club tonight to see what shes made of.

As far as the deer dragging goes, If it aint to far away give me a shout and ill be there, I love helping out, Also it may sound weird but I love field dressing game, I take pride in it and try to make it as nice a job possible, Love skining out deer, and even more so since I recently got my own butchering shop at home, I love to cut meat. We are planning on building a walk in freezer, something small just enough for our personal use.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sounds like the DS is workin for ya,best of luck with it and ya it is a shooter.Oh and I checked out a couple of your buddies fights online,tough dude.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hahaha, well its deffinalty harsher then most bows, It bassically an omen, With more forgivness, Im heading to the club tonight to see what shes made of.

As far as the deer dragging goes, If it aint to far away give me a shout and ill be there, I love helping out, Also it may sound weird but I love field dressing game, I take pride in it and try to make it as nice a job possible, Love skining out deer, and even more so since I recently got my own butchering shop at home, I love to cut meat. We are planning on building a walk in freezer, something small just enough for our personal use.
I hear ya! I'm the same way. For me the "after kill" chores add much to the whole hunting experience. I always thought that if I went on a guided hunt somewhere else, that I would "still" want to take care of my own game. Even though those places usually have staff to take care of it for you. Just wouldn't be the same without it. Always wanted to cut my own as well. But just never got set up proper for it.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya I whent on a hunt in Newfoundland, and I gutted my own moose, It was my first moose I ever shot, and the guide said I was the first hunter he had that whanted to dress it themselfs. It was great having him there telling me all his little tricks, I whatched him gut 2 other moose that week and WOW he was good. The year I whent this guide had shot 75 caribou for the elders in labrador one winter, All legal I might add. Dressing 75 caribou in one winter im sure you would learn alot.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Ya I whent on a hunt in Newfoundland, and I gutted my own moose, It was my first moose I ever shot, and the guide said I was the first hunter he had that whanted to dress it themselfs. It was great having him there telling me all his little tricks, I whatched him gut 2 other moose that week and WOW he was good. The year I whent this guide had shot 75 caribou for the elders in labrador one winter, All legal I might add. Dressing 75 caribou in one winter im sure you would learn alot.
That's cool! Yeh, the guide was probably "shocked" that you wanted to do it yourself. 75 caribou? man! That would be "fun"..especially with a bow! Talk about shooting experience! And gutting experience as well! What a job to have!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts